A great future awaits….it all starts here, launch your career with Cummins!
Cummins Inc. a global power leader, is a fortune 500 corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems.
Cummins Inc. is offering an Engineering Graduate Development Opportunity in Johannesburg, Gauteng.
If you think you’ve never seen a company like Cummins before, just imagine what it’s like to work here. Cummins can provide you with the career path and extensive development opportunities you need to achieve your goals.
- Assists with the design, improvement, and installation of integrated manufacturing or administrative systems which use people, materials, information, equipment, and energy.
- Applies (as acquired via formal education or technical experience) standard practices and techniques in specific situations, analyzes and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results, and follows established procedures and operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes to derive a solution or conclusion.
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles and practices to assigned tasks.
- Assist in developing technical specifications, implementing designs and to deliver high performance, low cost equipment or system results integrated with customer products.
- Interfaced with Sales, manufacturing and marketing teams do design and deliver solutions
South Africa-Gauteng-Johannesburg-South Africa, Johannesburg, Waterfall Park
Recruitment Job Type
Student – Internship
Jun 15, 2016, 10:15:14 AM
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to learn, analyse and understand business and technical processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of organization.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with key customers in the business and approach every challenge with a customer- centric view.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Effective team work and multi – tasking skills.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership in all tasks executed
- Basic understanding of manufacturing industry.
- Ability to demonstrate Cummins Core values
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field required.
- A development opportunity whilst being coached by senior Africa leaders
- Projects and work assignments that will immediately provide you an opportunity to practice your theory
- Opportunity to work with global teams on key projects (within and outside of Africa)
- A great work environment
- A competitive and market related salary, including medical aid