Posted on :
1 Dec, 2010
Dimension Data was founded in 1983 in South Africa and today operates in 49 countries on six continents. Our growth has been driven by our clients’ need to operate efficiently in an environment where collaborative partnerships and the intelligent network have emerged as the two most important business enablers. Our heritage in networking and deep understanding of network-related technologies differentiate us from our competitors. Moving forward into the future, our focus has evolved to adapting the design, management and development of business technology to be a better servant to the greater business and use it as a tool to drive innovation, enable market leadership and make companies tighter, better, more cost-effective and competitive.
Primary Location: MEA-ZA-Gauteng
Target Start Date: Jan 3, 2011
Number of Openings: 1
Position Summary and Primary Objectives
Overall accountability for the HR and Sales operational function with particular focus on delivery in the domains of Recruitment & Induction, Recognition & Reward, Performance Management, Labour Relations, Career Management (Talent Management, & Learning & Development) and Transformation within the Sales and Client Experience environment nationally.
Main Duties / Key Accountabilities HR Reporting
• Monthly HR business review for your specific accounts
• Conducting exit interviews with employees leaving Dimension Data and compiling reports on the feedback received. Provide monthly feedback to the relevant General Manager of the area
• Compiling a monthly recruitment report in conjunction with the Recruitment division for areas of responsibility
• Other reports as requested from time to time by the HRM
• Mediating between management and staff
• Providing support to managers wrt disciplinary and performance issues
• Line management guidance and training wrt IR
• Responding to all grievances lodged and resolving accordingly
• Dealing with all CCMA claims / cases
• Documentation and processing of all administration linked to employee terminations, i.e. minutes, recordals, settlement agreements, etc.
• Ensuring legal compliance pertaining to our policies and procedures (BCEA and LRA)
• Ensuring fair management practices to protect the company from risk
• Providing employee counselling with respect to work performance.
• Attending to all labour related queries
• Processing of all administration linked to employee terminations, ie minutes, recordals, settlement agreements, etc.
• Ongoing line management training around the annual and review Performance Management Process and bonus rules
• Ensuring that bi-annual performance reviews are conducted
• Facilitating consultations between management and staff members if necessary
• Ensure managers know how to effectively use the PDS (People Dimension) system
• Working with managers to help set Smart KPI”s (key performance indicators) for employees where applicable
• Working with Sales Manager to understand how sales employees should be reflected on the People Dimension System (PDS)
• Tracking of poor performance in the business and reporting on same and taking appropriate actions with line managers
Recruitment & On-boarding
• Working together with managers to attract and select the right people into the organisation
• Completing recruitment specifications in conjunction with management and the HR administrator
• Meet regularly with the Recruitment division w.r.t. to vacancies in your area, recruitment activity and progress
• Scheduling interviews with management and candidates
• Ensuring that hew hires are optimally inducted into the organisation and team
• Ensuring that all appointments, transfers and promotion practices comply with company polices and procedures and labour legislation
• Ensure that new sales employees are mapped against the correct Dimension Data Job Framework Sales Role. Also appointed on the correct OTE salary.
• Ensure that new sales hires are appointed on the correct fixed/variable split.
Career Management and Training & Development
• Working closely with the line managers to understand the training needs in the business
• Providing input and working closely with the National Training Manager and HR Manager
• Providing Career Development guidance and assistance to employees and managers especially with regard to the Sales Job Framework
• Ensuring the appropriate scheduling of management training
• Co-ordinate training for all the new employees – liaise with the line manager, employees and training manager.
• Assisting the HR Manager with the compilation of the WSP and ATR.
• Identify key talent within allocated accounts
• Work closely with Line Managers to put in place talent management programs
• Working with the line managers to ensure transformation in terms of Employment Equity and Skills Development – focusing on the advancement of previously disadvantaged individuals (PDI’s).
Reward, Remuneration & Recognition
• Assist the HRM with the Annual Salary Increase process where applicable, giving guidance and direction to the line managers
• Assist the Sales Managers with the Annual Salary Increase process where applicable, ensure that the proposed salary information is in line with Sales Remuneration Plans.
• Assist the HRM where applicable with for salary benchmarking and adjustments throughout the year, as required by the business.
• Assist the HRM where applicable with the Annual Bonus process.
• Advise & educate with respect to benchmarking and positions and ensuring that remuneration packages are in line with the Dimension Data policies & practises
• Implementation and encouragement of the company recognition programme and other initiatives to build a culture of recognition
Sales Compensation (Remuneration) Plans and Incentives:
• Work in partnership with the General Manager: Sales and Marketing Operations on the sales compensation plans.
• Implement the sales compensation plan into the sales organisation nationally working with General Manager: Sales and Marketing Operations.
• Work with the organization and HR to annually review the sales compensation plan to validate the market and best practise.
• Review the dimension data job framework sales mapping on an annual basis.
• Assist with the mapping of new sales employees against the sales job framework.
• Work closely with the Commission Department to ensure that all sales employees have a Portfolio Agreement.
• Facilitate the on-going process of sales incentives with the General Manager: Sales and Marketing Operations.
• Work in partnership with the Central HR Remuneration team and HR to conduct regular benchmarking of remuneration of all sales and marketing employees nationally.
• Work in partnership with the Central HR Remuneration team to ensure that the OTE sales ranges are reviewed on an annual basis.
• Contribute to the Sales Policy and ensure that keep abreast of sales trends internally and externally.
• Ensure national consistency with regard to sales practices.
Sales & Marketing Development and Training:
• Work in collaboration with the General Manager: Sales and Marketing on the development of the sales organization.
• Work in collaboration with the General Manager: Sales and Marketing on the execution of learning and development interventions in partnership with HR and global teams.
• Will be responsible for the implementation of DDJF for sales across Dimension Data brand nationally working with regional sales managers as well as HR consultants.
• Ensure that SAP is updated with the relevant DDJF job titles for sales employees
Requirements: Education, Training and Experience
• HR Diploma or higher qualification
• Two plus years experience as a HR Generalist
• In-depth knowledge of remuneration practices and procedure
• Benchmarking knowledge
• Experience in Talent Management, Career Pathing, Organisational Development and Succession Planning would be an advantage
Personal Attributes and Skills Required
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Ability to influence and persuade
• Ability to operate at senior levels of the organization
• Conflict management skills
• Enthusiastic, optimistic approach, initiative
• Ability to work both independently and within a team
• Good working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Able to work under pressure, Managing work (incl. time management)
• Attention to detail
• Ensure that best practices, policies and procedures are followed
• Willing to travel nationally
• Analytical Thinking
How to apply:
Click on this link:
select basic search; then Location as Africa and apply.