A challenging career opportunity exists for an Engineering Manager to join the Westmead biscuit factory. The successful incumbent will be responsible for all engineering and project related functions on site and to ensure compliance with relevant legislation. A GCC is required for the role as well as a minimum of 3 years’ experience at this level within a manufacturing concern.
- Solve problems
- Plan and think ahead
- Impact and influence others
- Manage people and teams
- Optimise business performance
- Focus on achieving results
- Strong engineering background in Maintenance environment.
- Site project management including sound knowledge of workflow and capital request procedures
- Strong leadership skills.
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and AutoCad.
- Analytical and system thinking
- Business acumen and commercial thinking mindset
Qualifications and experience:
- A tertiary qualification in Engineering is compulsory
- Government Certificate of Competence preferred
- Candidates must have demonstrated engineering experience spanning at least 3 years at Senior Management Level.
- Develop and manage the short and long term factory capital plan
- Continuous Improvement
- Risk and safety management
- Manage of Maintenance Department
- Manage site projects
- Compliance with the OHSACT and carry the legal responsibility for the GRM2 appointment
- Set, manage and control of the departmental budget
- Departmental HR and Performance Management
Closing date: 21st May, 2013
How to Apply Online
If you meet the requirements, send your CV by clicking the “Apply Now” button