Job No.: 888655
Department: Land Development
Work type: Permanent – Full Time
Location: eThekwini (Durban: Pinetown)
- Pr Eng/PrTech (preferred, but not a pre-requisite)
- Minimum 8 to 12 years’ experience of which a substantial number of years needs to be in construction monitoring and site supervision dealing with municipal infrastructure, including sanitation, water, roads and storm water.
- Demonstrated track record in Health and Safety
- Relevant experience in supervision and guidance to junior engineers
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation skills)
- Good administrative skills
- Analytical and logical skills
- Good attention to detail
- Responsible for overall field contract management, administration and coordination on mid to large size projects of a diverse and complex nature.
- Have full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating construction engineering assignments involving unique or controversial problems which significant affect major corporate programs.
- Responsible for monitoring assigned staff to determine that the contractor’s activities are monitored and controlled in accordance with design specifications and contractual requirements.
- On-site liaison between Client, Company Personnel and Contractor in resolution of project issues. Act as a specialist in the application of advanced concepts, principles, techniques and procedures for an assigned area of responsibility.
- Analyze complex construction/design problems requiring the development of new or improved techniques or procedures and consult with design engineering personnel.
- Represents projects at meetings and conferences.
- The Senior Engineer’s Representative will also assist and participate in pursuing new opportunities for Aurecon.
- Review and respond to Contractor’s correspondence as required.
- Implement on site procedures to assist staff in performing their work.
- Collect data to brief Client on project issues and provide possible resolutions.
- Read and interpret plans.
- Monitor contractor progress and compare with reviewed Progress schedule.
- Mentor and train staff.
- Administer and manage contract and budget.
- Coordinate with other agencies as needed.
- Computer Competency Requirements
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Languages (Written & Spoken)
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply Now button at the end of this page to apply online