Posted on :
26 Mar, 2014
26 Mar, 2014
The incumbents will play a key role as a direct link with the customer, by being on site during prime, load & shoot operations. Quality measurements and records are maintained of all activities on site and any technical requirements by the customer are acknowledged. Charging, timing and blast results are recorded and a trend line versus a target is measured, analysed and any recommendations made
Duties & Responsibilities
• Continuously monitor and provide feedback to the relevant Regional Manager on market intelligence, which forms the base for identifying key strategic issues facing customer portfolios.
• Compile and maintain Key Account Management Plans (KAMP) through the use of the Sales Process consistent with the AEL strategy and objectives.
• Differentiate AEL service and products by identifying and implementing value adding activities beneficial to all customers (including non-business customers such as CIE and IOM and AEL.
• Set and implement KAMP’s to ensure achievement of the market and sales objectives.
• Establish long term relationships with key decision-makers and influencers on individual mines.
• Provide excellent service on all aspects of explosive and accessory products and their uses, including auditing of product application and performance underground and giving recommendations to correct deficiencies. Complaints from customers to be handled swiftly and competently to their satisfaction.
• Determine and prepare the product sales budget, and in conjunction with the Regional Manager decide the appropriate product mix to achieve maximum trading product, market share and other business parameters. Achievement to be measured by means of the balance scoreboard and market share.
• Compile annual operating cost budget and submit to Regional Manager for approval. Monitors cost on a monthly basis through balanced scoreboard and ensure operation within agreed budget and justification for over expenditure.
• Ensure compliance with AEL Safe Working Practices, the OSH Act, the Explosives Act and the Minerals Act.
Required Qualification & Skills
• Tertiary mining qualification, e.g. B.Sc. Mining Engineering or National Higher Diploma and reevant explosives experience
• At least 5 years’ experience in an opencast mining or blasting operation
• A Mine Overseers or Managers Certificate would be an added advantage
• The incumbent must be prepared and able to pass in-house courses e.g.
Explosives Engineer Programme, SPIN, Presentation Skills, Negotiation Profitable Partnerships
|Job Title||Explosives Engineer|
|Job Type Classification||Permanent|
|Reporting To (Job Title)||Regional Manager|
|Number of Positions||2|
|Location – Town / City||Khathu,Kuruman|
|Location – Province||Northern Cape|
|Location – Country||South Africa|