Faircape Health offers quality health care in state-of the art facilities, situated in our 6 luxury retirement villages across the Western Cape. With over 300 beds and a variety of specialised services offered, our Multidisciplinary Teams are highly skilled for every condition we treat. Faircape Health provides the full continuum of care at six world-class healthcare facilities located on-site at six luxury retirement villages.
Job Title: Healthcare Manager
Location: Somerset West
Salary: R45 000.00 – R50 000.00 Per Month
Job Type: Permanent
An opportunity has become available for a Healthcare Manager at one of our retirement villages within the Northern Suburbs.
The Healthcare Manager will be responsible for the daily operations of the facility, ensuring all administrative and customer service requirements are delivered efficiently and effectively.
The Healthcare Manager will liaise with the Multidisciplinary Team, medical professionals and families of residents. The Healthcare Manager also plays a pivotal role in the marketing of the facility to ensure full occupancy at all times.
If you would like to work in a collaborative healthcare setting with a supportive team dynamic, this is the job for you. To ensure high quality patient care, we also invest in continuous development of our staff, which includes both internal and external training.
Specific duties include but is not limited to the following:
Administration and Reporting
- Prepare reports and submissions in line with responsibilities such as the weekly report to Management
- Monitor and approve all requisitions via the Healthcare Administrator to Claremont office
- Communicate and report to support team and Claremont HOD’s on relevant matters
- Oversee the efficient administration of operations at the facility by ensuring all policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure admission process is adhered to and that there is sufficient beds according to availability and diagnosis
- Interview prospective residents and their families, obtain all relevant medical reports as per company procedure and handing it over to the Senior Nursing Service Manager to attend to
- Oversee that all documentation for admission are in order
Resident and Family Interaction
- Customer service levels are continually monitored and managed
- Ensure both quality and efficient delivery of services at the facility
- Have full knowledge and communicate types and levels of services offered within the facility (i.e. long term and/or subacute) to interested persons enquiring about the facility
- Interface with families regularly and where support, assistance or decision making input is required
- Resolve complaints
- Provide effective education, advice and counselling to the resident about the matters relating to the facility, maintenance and/or staff
- Build and manage relationships between the Health Professionals and the Company.
- Ensure the implementation of processes is conducive to customer satisfaction.
- Identify improvement areas and implement initiatives to ensure continued levels of customer service.
- Ensure sound operational practices aligned with the operating model of the Organisation.
Village Residents and Services Offered
- Communicate regularly with the Village Manager and discuss any issues that may overlap with healthcare
- Attend monthly MDT meetings to discuss implement action plans
Risk Management and Emergencies
- Supervise implementation of infection control procedures during any outbreak or suspected infection occurring
- Record and action any health related incidents that occur in the healthcare and village and report to Claremont office as per company procedure
- Attend monthly H&S meetings and take action as needed
- Do H&S checks on auditor according to procedure
- Supervise fire drills and evacuation plans
- Be contactable by means of company cell phone and respond to emergencies
- Inform Legal Department at Claremont office of any possible conflicts and follow up
- Implement plans, prepare the facility and be present at all inspections (DOH and DSD)
- Qualifications – NQF Level 7 and higher would be highly advantageous
- Clinical qualification would be an advantage
- Registered with HPCSA
Experience and Knowledge
- Proven management experience
- Experience in a similar leadership position
- Experience in a geriatrics environment advantageous
- Previous hospital experience advantageous
- Knowledge of Dementia care, Frail care, palliative care, rehab, strokes advantageous
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Professional communication
- Managerial skills
- Making sound decisions
- Computer literate
- Fluent in English
- Clear health record
- Clear criminal record
- Clear credit record
- Contactable references
- Vaccinated with the covid19 vaccine or open to being vaccinated
Ability to work under pressure and lead a team, professional, focused, compassion for the elderly, be able to converse with people on different levels – staff, families, MDT and other professionals coming into the facility, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Working Hours – Normal working days are Monday to Friday, 07h00 to 17h00 with a 60-minute lunch break. As the manager of the facility, you are required to be available after hours to tend to emergencies
Salary on offer from R 45,000 per month 20 days of annual leave and exposure to both internal and external training. Salaries are dependent on individual experience, knowledge, skills, and attributes.
Application Deadline: August 28 2023
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Disclaimer: Should you struggle to upload your application please try and make use of an alternative web browser (Chrome, Bing, Firefox, etc)