Posted on :
2 Jul, 2018
2 Jul, 2018
The Graduate Engineering Training Program (GETP) is a two-year program committed to growing high potential talent by accelerating their development through intense technical and professional training and a variety of business-critical assignments in areas such as field service engineering and application engineering. GETP graduates will gain the technical and business foundation to proactively and continuously make valuable contributions to GE in some of our fastest growing markets
The GETP is designed for its program members to gain hands-on experience while working on challenging projects, network with professionals, and learn from some of the brightest minds in the business. Due to the rotational nature of the Program, the GETP can be three to four assignments in related areas such as field service engineering and application engineering. The rotation assignments are intended to provide a broad exposure to these engineering fields, leading tosuccessful off Program placement. Program membership also requires continuous education through a combination of on-the-job, classroom, and on-demand training.
Responsibilities will vary by assignment, but some examples may include
• Working with experienced field engineers on basic troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and service repair needs on designated equipment
• Completing Preventative Maintenance and Functional Management Inspections
• Ordering and managing repair parts cycle times
• Learning to effectively communicate with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction
• Learning to utilize the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues and conducting root cause analysis that will lead to effective problemsolving
BS Degree in Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical or Biomedical Engineering.