The COE concept seeks to ensure that key councils are identified across the region and worked with very closely in their process of getting gender on their council’s agenda.
The approach also seeks to develop synergy in GL programme work by focusing various projects from our SADC Gender Protocol, governance, media and justice programmes in specific localities. Click here for the Gender in Local Government COE report for South Africa for 2015.The councils’ progress in South Africa
Job Title: Grants Manager
Location: South Africa
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
- Oversight of grant calls, assessment, due diligence and budgets;
- Identify and develop strategies and systems to optimise the grants administration process;
- Direct involvement in grant submissions by coordinating with grant seeking organisations’ writers or coordinators;
- Oversee if the grants are implemented according to the operational and financial needs of the organisation;
- Supervise grantee organisations to ensure proper coordination of work, which is aligned to the proposals submitted;
- Compliance with financial policies; donor reporting and statutory requirements by implementing partners;
- Analysis and reporting on budget trends;
- Monitor grantees expenditures against approved budget and programme objectives and ensure Grants Officers have completed the Cash Request Checklist for each cash request.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a postgraduate degree or specialised certification in Accounting/Commerce; or Professional qualification at level 2, e.g. CIS, CIMA;
- At least ten years of professional experience with at least three of these in an NGO environment and a proven track record of managing multiple countries and donors.
- Good knowledge and experience of Sage Pastel Evolution is non-negotiable.
Interested candidates should submit their CV’s, references, a summary of their key achievements, and letter of motivation using the online application form https://genderlinks.orangehrmlive.com/recruitmentApply/11/view online platform
Application Deadline: Monday 10th February 2020