Global Kinetic is a fun, vibrant and fast-moving place to work. We’re looking for someone who’ll thrive in this environment. We operate a dynamic and unique office culture, intended to reflect and empower our values and our “informal but serious” work ethic.
We have a strong focus on hiring people who fit the GK culture and are passionate about what they do – both at work and outside it. Our headquarters are based in Century City, Cape Town and Silicon Valley, USA.
GK provides consulting services on all aspects of the software development life cycle, including Analysis, Design, Architecture, Programming, Testing and Project Management.
Job Title: Net Developer
We are looking for experienced individuals looking to join a solid Agile Squad in Century City.
Qualifications and experience:
- A relevant computer science, computer programming or information technology diploma or degree from an accredited institution
- Microsoft certified developer qualification
- At least 5 years’ experience in application, API and solution development
- Extensive experience in most internet technologies such as
- RESTful API
- C# language
- .NET Framework, .NET Standard & .NET Core
- ASP.NET & MVC
- WCF or Web Services
- SQL Server
- Extensive experience in the Microsoft technology stack and services
- Some experience in cloud solutions and architecture
- Proven experience of patterns and best practise implementations
- Proven experience and understanding of Object Orientated programming and related implementation concepts
- Proven experience with SOLID principles
- Proven experience using TDD
- Experience in git and gitflow
- Discuss, plan and estimate required functionality together with lead based on requirements
- Implement required functionality using TDD as per requirements
- Solution maintenance through TDD
- Ensure correctness and performance of implementation through dev testing, performance testing and end-to-end or integration testing
- Code and peer reviews
- Technical documentation and readme’s
- Effective source control management through git and gitflow
- Assist with setting up and maintaining continuous integration and deployment
- Assisting the production operations and support teams in environment configuration, troubleshooting and general support
- Result-oriented, excellent problem solving, strong analytical skills and self-managed
- High attention to detail
- Technically minded and be able to understand and communicate using technical jargons and terminologies with ease
- Must have a passion and be able to learn new technologies quickly through self-learning
- Must be able to learn from, and collaborate with, other team members within an Agile and DevOps culture/mindset
- Able to peer code and play as both a code reviewer/reviewee
What we have to offer:
- A collaborative, supportive work environment where you truly are encouraged to make things better.
- Free breakfast and Lunch, and as much good coffee as you can stomach in a work day.
- Super fancy offices with an amazing culture that few would have ever experienced.
- The opportunity to work along some of the greatest minds in the development field.
- Flexi hours and work from home policy.
- Regular team building activities, promoting a fun and casual working environment