Networking Sales Specialist
Networking Sales Specialist-1171808
- Develops long term sales pipeline to increase HP’s market share in specialized area, i.e. Networking.
- Use specialty expertise to seek out new opportunities for customer value by expanding and enhancing existing opportunities to build the pipeline in and drive pursuit in Networking area.
- Provide support to the Account managers. Set direction for business development and solution replication.
- Creates and grows reference customers
- Sell complex products or solutions to customers on a partnership basis. May act as a dedicated resource to a few strategic accounts.
- Services specialists may also be responsible for selling small outsourcing deals.
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, including the C-level for mid-to-large accounts by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
- Maintain and use overall cross-portfolio knowledge to support account leads with integration of solutions.
- Contribute to enduring executive relationships that establish HP’ consultative professionalism and promote its total solution capabilities
- Maintains expertise on IT at all levels – new applications, maintenance, typical budgets of the CIO’s, typical objectives, measures, metrics.
- Maintains broad market and competitor knowledge to ensure credibility with Customer Executives
Scope and Impact
- Works on a smaller number of accounts of greater strategic (long term) value to HP.
- Significant percentage of time spent directly with customer interfaces with all levels.
- Minimal direct time with customer’s technical buyers.
- Typically assigned higher than average quota.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor’s degree; Advanced University or MBA preferred.
- Directly related previous work experience in Networking.
- Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota diversity of business customer, and higher level customer interface.
- Prior selling experience includes multiple, diverse set of selling responsibilities.
- Viewed as expert in given field by company and customer.
- Considered a mentor of selling strategy, including designing strategy.
- Typically 12+ years of related sales experience.
- Project management skills required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Networking industry.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Is considered a master in knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor’s offerings to be able to sell large, complex solutions.
- Know strengths and weaknesses of key competitors in account and how to leverage this knowledge in the account.
- Uses expertise in specialty, consultative solution selling and business development skills to align the client’s business needs with solution.
- In-depth knowledge of client’s business, organizational structure, business processes and financial structure.
- Considerable knowledge of the customer’s infrastructure and architecture.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving services sales in accounts – prospecting, negotiating and closing deals
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving full portfolio including hardware, software and services needed for the customer’s requirements.
- Strategic planning on a business development level; can build an effective business case reflecting the value of an appropriate strategy.
- Balance strategic and tactical pursuits to optimize coverage and develop a predictable revenue stream.
- Uses C-level engagement skills in collaboration with account leads to offer value-add solutions to the client.
- Excellent project oversight skills.
- Works with the account team to build an effective account plan and strategy to drive incremental revenue in the account.
- Utilizes Siebel as an expert and accurately forecasts business.
- Successful partner engagement experience. Works effectively with our partners to drive additional revenue.
- Understand and sells high value software solutions.
- Demonstrates the ability to leverage HP’s portfolio of products and services to change the playing field against our competition.
- Understands the leverage of services as part of strategic portfolio of products. Promotes services as part of all strategic opportunities.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.
Job – Sales
Primary Location – South Africa-South Africa-Johannesburg
Schedule – Full-time
Job Type – Experienced
Shift – Day Job
Travel – No