Humana People to People South Africa (HPP-SA) is a registered South African non-profit company and non-profit organization founded in 1995 with the mission of empowering the poor to lift themselves out of poverty and contribute to the development of their own communities.
It works within the thematic areas of health; community development; food security; youth development, education and early child hood development. Today, HPPSA employs over 917 people in 5 provinces (Gauteng, Limpopo, Mpumalanga and KwaZulu-Natal and Eastern Cape) and reaches over 500,000 people each year.
Job Title: Country Finance Manager
Location: Pinetown, KwaZulu-Natal.
Remuneration: R 65 000.00 – R70 000.00 per month
The Country Finance Manager is responsible for providing financial executive leadership, vision and oversight for HPPSA. The position oversees financial management and all accounting functions, budgeting, financial systems and reporting, regulatory compliance, cash flow management, human resources management, administrative functions and financial controls and policies of HPPSA. Additionally, the Country Finance Manager is a member of the Senior Management Team which is responsible for providing executive leadership and direction for the organization.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
- Allocation of donor reporting responsibilities in finance department
- Ensuring all reports are prepared in accordance with donor and local law requirements
- Development and adoption of financial systems, procedures and controls to facilitate continuous improvement in financial reporting
- Work closely with programs to ensure resources are used effectively in order to accurately account for expenditure
- Present relevant financial reports to internal and external audiences to facilitate financial and programmatic planning and budget realignments
- Analyze month end close report to assess departmental performance monthly
- Oversee the adoption of changes as required by donors if in line with HPPSA policies and regulations
- Checking all financial reports before submission to donors
- Approval of all general journals passed in pastel
- Ensure that the reports to HQ are prepared and submitted on time
- Control schedule of how transverse expenses are to be allocated monthly
- Adherence to donor regulations with regards to financial reporting, audit requirements and any other special conditions directly linked to Finance and Accounting
- Ensure each donor rules i.e. Global fund, PFMA, USAID etc. are complied with
- Monitoring overall financial and program performance moneywise is in line with the agreed indicators as well as accepted variations e.g. USAID 10% budget realignments
- Oversee grant activities including pre award assessments, closeouts and dispositions are compiled with.
- Maintain close communication with relevant donor contacts to ensure HPPSA meets donor expectations
- Developing and updating finance policies to align with changes as a result of system developments
- Maintaining annual external and internal audit calendar
- Maintain constant liaison with auditors during audit process to ensure they adhere to approved scope of works by donors
- Participate to a high degree in the timely preparation of budgets for proposals and check that they are accurate, adhere to donor predetermined formats and within the budget ceilings
- Ensure budget narratives prepared are as per prospective donor’s expectations
- Monitor and track the impact of proposed budget amendments by donors or program staff
- Checking and enforcing that all systems for HR performance are followed
- Enforce changes of procedures to adopt favorable recommendations from external and internal auditors plus donors and prospective donors through pre award assessments findings
- Check and authorize the development of new HR related policies before they are sent to senior management for further discussion on adoption
- Participate in preparation for cases taken to CCMA
- Check accuracy of all monthly payrolls before they are sent for payments
- Preparation of interview questions both verbal and practical for finance related positions
- Provide management on development of systems to improve financial processes, procurement, asset management etc.
- Assess and recommend best IT solutions for project sites in liaison with IT officer
- Supervise the backup and ensure it is done routinely
- Participating in the upgrade of pastel with IT officer and pastel consultant
Requirements / Qualifications:
- A qualification in Financial management or Accounting
- Five years proven financial administration experience in a financial management role.
- Familiar with administering finances in dual-funded NGOs, donor funding and business generating income
- Knowledge of Pastel accounting software – A MUST
- USAID experience a definite added advantage
- Be professional, enthusiastic and a people orientated person with sound interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills
- An effective and efficient communicator
- Be highly flexible and ability to multi-task under pressure with a customer service oriented friendly disposition at all times
- Meticulous and strives for excellence in executing all tasks
- Strong leadership capabilities and understand the dynamics of a continuously evolving office
- Competency with computer programs, especially MS Excel.
- Minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in Financial management or Accounting
- Professional qualification eg ACCA/CIMA/CPA an added advantage
- Master’s Degree preferred.
Submit a motivational letter and CV to the following address: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 24th January 2020 @ 16:00pm