Posted on :
16 Nov, 2022
16 Nov, 2022
Job Title: Snr Server Engineer
Our client who is in the telecoms space based urgently looking to hire a Snr Systems Engineer (VM & Storage) who is available immediately join their team based in Pretoria on a permanent contract.
Desired Experience & Qualification:
• Ensure all systems are online, accessible, and operating under correct load parameters defined by the client and operational team.
• Complete and distribute Daily Check report across all supported environments.
• Ensure all escalations are actioned and production is returned to a normal state within the SLA time frame.
• Strong problem-solving skills – will be required to take the lead in a situation where there is a major outage
• Limit the number of recurring / reopened calls to ensure that the user is satisfied with the service provision.
• Monitoring and responding to alerts generated by the monitoring systems.
• Managing & remediation of calls within client defined SLA.
• Ensure that no calls are over 10 working Days. Ensure that all calls over 10 working days are escalated to ensure closure. All calls to be regularly updated correctly with relevant details.
• Ensure that all deadlines are met in accordance with deadlines set.
• Adhere to both the Change Management Process and Incident Management Process.
• Provide input into the SLA documentation monthly
• Assist in troubleshooting all the supported tooling software technologies.
• Conduct comparison checks to ensure hyper-visor software version compliance in environments.
• Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in supported operating systems.
• Assessing client’s infrastructure and applications against standards and best practice methods.
• Performing the addition and removal of virtual machines in accordance with instructions given.
• Configuring and managing user profile services / access roles on the hyper-visor.
• Ensuring capacity management is adhered to for VM/Physical capacity.
• Ensure security hardening policies are applied and updated as per the security policies of the client.
• Ensure patch compliance levels are adhered to and assisting with troubleshooting of patch failures.
• Assist in planning new deployments of hyper-visor systems in a client’s environment by ensure the correct specifications and recommendations for the solution is provided
• Audit a client environment to ensure that it continuously meets standards and best practices
• Planning and deploying MS Active directory with MS exchange and upgrading from previous versions as well as Office 365 mail configurations will be advantageous
• Experience with managing HP/Dell/EMC storage
• MCSE \MCTIP
• A+, N
• ITIL Foundation V3/4
• HyperV/VMWare certifications
• Cloud technology certifications (preferably AZURE)
• Technical IT Qualification
• HP/Dell/EMC Hardware Data Centre Certifications
• Exchange and Office 365
• Experience required
• 5+ Years OS and VMWare/Hyper-V experience
• 3+ Years AD and Exchange/O365 experience
• 8+ Years IT Experience
Package & Remuneration:
• R35-65k CTC p/m
• Interview Availability: Immediately
• Expected start date: (November 2022)
• Type of role: Permanent
• Expected hours of work Full time – 08h00 – 17h00
• Position Location: Pretoria