INTELLISTAFF is a generalist recruitment company providing staff at all organisational levels across all disciplines. We look to become strategic partners with our client’s by acquiring an understanding of the Human Capital needs and challenges. INTELLISTAFF is a multifaceted recruitment agency with a two tiered approach to recruitment and staffing.
Job Title: Project Manager/Project Engineer
Location: Cape Town Southern Suburbs
Salary: Market Related
Job Type: Permanent
Our client in the renewable energy industry is looking to employ a Project Engineer/Project Manager at their organization
- Technical qualification (B/Bsc Eng – Electrical/Mechanical/Mechatronic)
- Minimum two years Project Engineer/Manager/Consulting experience in the engineering field
- Good understanding of financial drivers and metrics of renewable energy systems
- Valid driver’s licence
- Solar PV project management experience
- Electrical engineer experience / Electrical qualification
- Minimum one year of solar PV project engineering experience (preferably in the South African C&I embedded generation market)
- Financial modelling experience
- Project management qualification
- Solar PV draughting or design experience
- Manage and coordinate the site assessment, detailed feasibility, and procurement processes of renewable energy projects on behalf of the company’s clients across all sectors of the market.
- This role will include regular client engagements, project feasibility modeling, and management of procurement processes from the development of tender documentation through to project award.
- Managing renewable energy project feasibility analyses across multiple sites including:
Understanding site conditions and information gathering
Client requirements and objectives
Business case assessments through financial and yield modeling
Project permitting and technical due diligence
Reporting and client engagement
- Arranging and running project meetings with multiple project stakeholders, distributing agendas and taking meeting minutes.
- Managing procurement process:
Development of tender documentation
Liaising with EPCs/IPPs on tender requirements
Tender adjudication and reporting
- Ad hoc technical and commercial project analyses
- Interface with the company’s Construction Management and operations departments
- Developing and refining the company’s Procurement department’s scope and tools
Application Deadline: September 22 2023