Isibani Development Partners is a South African-registered NGO, launched in 2011 to become a leading local technical assistance provider, systems strengthening and grants manager for health and social service in Southern Africa.
Isibani has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in Gauteng: Ekurhuleni and JHB Health districts.
Job Title: Technical Program Manager
The Technical Program Manager will provide overall technical leadership in program design, planning, implementation and reporting of the TB program. He/she will ensure technical quality, close adherence to work plans, milestones and deliverables of the project are met.
Key Performance Responsibilities:
- Provide overall technical leadership and direction to all project elements (ACSM, Clinical, Programmatic, M&E);
- Lead the development of project Annual work plan, training plan and district work plans.
- Provide direct supervision to the designated district staff
- Develop innovative technical strategies for improving impact of Global Fund TB investments;
- Coordinate with NDoH and Districts departments of health on the identification of project technical assistance needs required to achieve the expected outputs of the contract;
- Develop suitable scopes of work, recruitment of consultants, and execution of technical assistance contracts;
- Determine all training, technical needs and identifying suitable opportunities to support each component of the project;
- Ensuring that technical and field staff prepare and update performance data on a regular basis;
- Provide technical oversight in the development and roll out of strategies to integrate TB, HIV and Non-Communicable diseases;
- Oversee the annual project planning cycle which formulates comprehensive annual work-plans and budgets in accordance with the NDOH annual planning cycle;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual project activity reports as specified in the contract;
- Conduct site visits to the districts and service delivery points
- Produce monthly Project Activity Calendar and weekly brief project updates
Minimum Required Experience and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as Medicine or Public Health;
- A master’s in Public Health will be an added advantage;
- Experience with the oversight or supervision of others including assigning and reviewing work and providing training
- A proven record of successful performance and expertise in TB technical areas which includes, MDR-TB
- A minimum of at least 5 years’ experience in health management and program management.
- Strong leadership and good interpersonal skills;
- Excellent English language written and oral communications skills.
Suitable candidates to send applications to [email protected] Subject line:” Technical Program Manager”
Application Deadline: Friday, 14 February 2020