Jembi Health Systems NPC is a not for profit company specializing in Health Information system and Digital Health. They work with African Ministries of Health in South Africa, Mozambique, Malawi, Cameroon, Kenya, Uganda and other countries. They also partner with other international organisations and funders to provide software solutions to improve health outcomes in low resource settings.
Job Title: IT Support Technician
Location: South Africa
The purpose of the IT Support Technician is to work within the ICT team for Jembi’s head office in Tokai. The IT Support Technician has excellent desktop problem solving skills, good interpersonal skills and is able to work in a team and under pressure.
- Windows desktop operating systems – Setup – Configuration and Troubleshooting
- Network troubleshooting – LAN cables, DNS, DHCP and switching
- Ubuntu Server & Desktop – Setup – Configuration and Troubleshooting
- Wireless Networking
- Backup Methods
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Up to date with the latest hardware tech and software for procurement
- Knowledge of the following is preferable:
- Windows Group policies
- Windows Update Server (WSUS)
- Google G-suite
- Bitdefender Enterprise Antivirus
- VOIP Telephony
- Setting up Virtual Instances on AWS, Azure, Digital Ocean
- Hyper V
- Desktop support and maintenance – (Windows – MAC OSX – Ubuntu Desktop)
- Software support and maintenance – Microsoft Office suite and other applications used by the organization
- Onsite IT support for all Jembi staff based in Cape Town
- Remote and Telephonic IT support for Jembi staff in other provinces.
- General Infrastructure support and assistance on all ICT hardware
- Device setup for staff
- Active Directory, Email and Online Services account creation and administration
- Logging and updating of support tickets
- Maintaining Jembi ICT asset records
- Keeping all ICT documentation up to date.
- Hardware, software and service procurement
- Creating and maintaining how to guides for our internal knowledge base
- When needed, travel to Jembi branch offices within South Africa for ICT support and maintenance
- Applicants must be willing to, on occasion, work extended hours to assist the ICT team with possible infrastructure upgrades, maintenance and implementations of new services when needed. Therefore, reliable Transport is essential for this position
Interested applicants are invited to submit an application to [email protected] and include a comprehensive CV with a covering letter.
Application Deadline: Friday, 30 October, 2020
NOTE: This role description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the Executive Management Team may discuss other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.