South African Police Service Jobs For Police Constables
Sub Section: Crime Scene Investigation: Local Criminal Record Centre
Component: Criminal Record & Crime Scene Management
Location of the post: Litchtenburg: North West (1 Post) (Ref FS 159/2013)
Lydenburg: Mpumalanga (1 Post) (Ref FS 160/2013)
Cradock: Eastern Cape (1 Post) (Ref FS 161/2013)
Mokopane: Limpopo (1 Post) (Ref FS 162/2013)
Thohoyandou: Limpopo (1 Post) (Ref FS 163/2013)
George: Western Cape (1 Post) (Ref FS 164/2013)
Belville: Western Cape (1 Post) (Ref FS 165/2013)
Cape Town: Western Cape (1 Post) (Ref FS 166/2013)
Mitchellsplain: Western Cape (1 Post) (Ref FS 167/2013)
Paarl: Western Cape (1 Post) (Ref FS 168/2013)
Kimberley: Northern Cape (1 Post) (Ref FS 169/2013)
Kroonstad: Free State (1 Post) (Ref FS 170/2013)
Parkweg: Free State (1 Post) (Ref FS 171/2013)
Salary Level: Band A Salary Notch R123 687 (Per Annum)
• A relevant Natural Science NQF 5 qualification or higher qualification will be an advantage.
• Attend to crime scenes.
• Conduct proper investigation of crime scenes with regards to finding, identifying and lifting of crime
scene prints by means of powders, reagents and other specialized equipment to include
photography, plan drawing, videography, forensic field work and reconstruction of scenes
• To present all related evidence in court
• Perform general administration duties.
How To Apply
- Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website and at SAPS recruitment offices) will be accepted. The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to and previous criminal convictions must be declared. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- Persons who retired from the Public Service by taking a severance package, early retirement or for medical reasons, as well as persons with previous convictions, are excluded.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
- Certified copies (certification preferably by Police Officers) of an applicant’s ID document, motor vehicle drivers license (Police Act appointments), Senior Certificate and all educational qualifications obtained and service certificates of previous employers stating the occupation and the period, must also be submitted and attached to every application.
- The copies must be correctly certified on the copy itself, not at the back. The certification must not be older than three months.
- All qualifications and driver’s licenses submitted will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institutions. The South African Police Service will verify the residential address of applicants and conduct reference checks.
- Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
- The closing date for the applications is 22 November 2013.
- Appointments will be made in terms of the SAPS Act or Public Service Act as applicable to the post environment.
- If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview.
- Applicants appointed under the Police Service Act will be subjected to a medical assessment by a medical practitioner as determined by SAPS prescripts.
- Applicants appointed under the Police Service Act will be subjected to undergo a lateral entry programme at a SAPS training institution, where applicable.
- Short-listed candidates for appointment to certain identified posts, will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005
- (Act No 38 of 2005). A candidate, whose particulars appear in either the National Register for Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register, will be disqualified from appointment to that post.
- All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement thereof.
- The South African Police Service is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and it is the intention to promote epresentivity in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. Persons whose transfer/appointment/promotion will promote representivity will therefore receive preference.
Applications and enquiries can be directed to:
Colonel Mpeta/ Lt Colonel Klopper
Tel: (012) 421-0485
Tel: (012) 421-0194
Private Bag X 322
Cnr Beckett and Pretorius Street