We do not subscribe to the hackneyed expression – “our people are our most valuable assets” – simply because assets are bought and sold and exploited for gain. We believe emphatically that “your people are your business” and therefore we remain committed to the deployment of top quality recruitment practices in service to clients.
Job Title: Process Engineer: Optical Assembly
Location: North West
Salary: On Application
Job Type: Permanent
Well-established and growing designer and manufacturer of optical fibre cable and accessories seeks to employ a Process Engineer at their plant in BRITS.
For the position you would be required to have:
- B. Eng/ B. Sc/ B. Tech in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering
- Around 4 years’ experience in manufacturing engineering/ process development and ISO9001 controlled development process.
- Experience with six-sigma tools and process validation techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of software tools (MS Office, 3DCAD, Labview Statistical Analysis).
- Knowledge of: ISO13485, ASTM, ANSI, FMEA and LEAN will be beneficial.
Responsibilities would include you to:
- Development of production processes for optical and mechanical assemblies from proof-of-concept to validated process.
- Design of jigs, fixtures and custom tools to meet tight tolerances and achieve high yield.
- Identify and implement effective use of measurement equipment and or control systems to improve yield, increase throughput and / or verify features and product quality.
- Support of first article builds and training of fabrication technicians in needed manufacturing techniques.
- Documentation of production techniques in procedures.
- Validation of production processes and process capabilities.
- Trouble-shooting with process related production issues.
- Continuous improvement of processes.
- Process input to risk management, FMEA and Control Plans as well as performance of process FMEAs.
Remuneration around R35k – R62k CTC per month
Application Deadline: November 09 2023
Please apply online or contact Jan van Dyk on 021 – 531 2015 for more information