Posted on :
28 Feb, 2014
Electrician; Auto Electricians; Rigger Ropesman; Plater Welder/Boilermaker; Diesel Mechanic; Millwright; Measurement Control & Instrumentation; Fitter Including Machining are all the kinds of disciplines that this mining learnership programme affords.
Primary Job Purpose:
The successful candidates will take part in a Learnership programme leading to the selected qualification and qualified Artisan.
Minimum Entry Requirements:
• Matric with Mathematics and English (Physical Science added advantage) OR
• N2 with 4 subjects as per the specific Discipline Requirements (added advantage) OR
• NCV Level – 4 In appropriate trade
Trade Test Requirements:
A minimum of an N2 certificate with the four applicable subjects for the relevant trade as specified below:
1. Electrical (Maths; Engineering Science; Electrical Trade Theory; Industrial Electronics)
2. Fitting (Maths; Engineering Science; Engineering Drawing; Fitting & Machining Trade Theory)
3. Diesel Mechanic (Maths; Engineering Science; Engineering Drawing; Diesel Trade Theory)
4. Plater/Welder (Maths; Engineering Science; Plating and Structural Drawing, Plater’s Theory)
5. Rigger (Maths; Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing; Rigging Theory)
The appointed learner will sign an agreement where the learner commits him/herself to obtain the minimum N2 or any required subjects applicable to the trade, necessary for qualifying.
Where applicable the Company will support the appointed learner to achieve the minimum requirements by allowing the learner to attend a full trimester to obtain the relevant N2 for the trade.
• Must be prepared to work underground/surface and in plants “dusty areas”, and an eleven day fortnight shift where applicable
• Must be a South African Citizen
• Must pass the relevant Rehabilitation Functionality Assessment (RFA) & medical certificate of fitness
• Selection of candidates will be based upon the company’s selection and recruitment procedure.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are invited to FAX their detailed Curriculum Vitae’s (CV’s) to the following fax number: 0864091681
Certified copies of original certificates must be provided on day of the interview.
Applicants should state in their application their geographical preference and applicants must reside geographically in the surrounding areas.
NB: NO ACCOMMODATION AND TRANSPORT TO AND FROM WORK WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE EMPLOYER
Successful applicants will be informed and invited to complete the necessary assessments and interview.
Closing date: 31 March 2014