Tshikululu Social Investments NPC is South Africa’s premier social investment agency, managing social investment funds for large and medium-sized businesses, charitable and philanthropic trusts and broad based community development trusts. Tshikululu works in the fields of education, health, social development, and enterprise development.
A Monitoring & Evaluation Officer is required to assist the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) division within the Operations Department, through developing and running M&E systems and programmes, processing and presenting M&E findings, conducting general data analysis, researching the sector and engaging with stakeholders.
- Assist M&E specialists to develop, update and maintain the M&E system (this would include but is not limited to strategy, data collection protocols, data collection instruments and database)
- Assist M&E specialists to design rollout plans for M&E strategy
- Assist M&E specialists to compile and present M&E reports
- Data management, data organisation and data clean up.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis and interpretation of data in a range of formats
- Train both internal and external staff on monitoring systems, and research methodologies
- Facilitate knowledge sharing on M&E related matters across the organisations both internally and externally
- Keep abreast of current trends and developments in the sector
- Qualification Level: Bachelors Additional Qualification Level: Bachelors
- Experience Required: 2 Year
Competencies / Skills:
- An appropriate bachelors degree or equivalent tertiary qualification (with credits in M&E, statistics, research methods, or other disciplines requiring quantitative data analysis)
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Up to date knowledge in the logical framework, logic model approach and other strategic planning and research approaches
- Knowledge of public policy and legislation
- Knowledge of social investment sectors, M&E approaches and of social responsibility policies and practices
- Two to three years relevant experience in the social development sector
- Project management skills
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated and results driven
- Excellent communications skills including, oral, written, presentation, listening and a high level of proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Strong conceptual skills and problem solving and decision making skills.
- Valid light vehicle driver’s licence
- Ability and willingness to travel to diverse parts of the country, using various types of transport
- Only South African citizens will be considered.
- Tshikululu is an equal opportunity employer and this is an employment equity targeted position.
- Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable neither for the interview travel cost or relocation cost.
- If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
|Job Title: Officer
||Closing Date: 15 Jul 2013
|Job Category: Monitoring and Evaluation
|Job Type: Full Time
|Division/Group: Monitoring and Evaluation
|EE Requirements: Only Employment Equity
How to Apply
Click on this link to Apply online