Mould Empower Serve (MES) is a Christian organisation giving services to the community.
Job Title: Fundraising Content Writer
Job Location: Gauteng
Salary: R15 900 – Cost To Company
Benefits: Pension Fund
The successful candidate will assist in the development of high-quality fundraising proposals to foundations, trusts, government agencies, corporates, churches, and financial institutions. Writing and managing the overall proposal effort, monitoring project workloads and sets priorities to ensure deliverables are met according to defined timelines. Must able to demonstrate and manage the proposal process from start to finish.
- To liaise with all the Programme Managers internal regarding needs within the programmes.
- Liaise with Finance regarding budgeting for each proposal project, and updates on money received from successful proposals submitted.
- To manage and maintain and expand the foundations, trusts, and foreign donor database.
- To invite donors to the relevant fundraising events scheduled.
- To compile a projected annual income forecast as per the assigned donors.
- To implement the donor recruitment, donor approach and donor care plan standard operational procedures.
- Research, develop and write grant proposals, concepts papers, and renewal requests for support, and managing the information needs associated with the processes, including securing data as needed from programme and fiscal staff and communicating with sponsors.
- Utilise a strategic planning approach to identify opportunities for fundraising to ensure all departments or programmes are covered.
- Meet with the identified potential donors to attract support for the mission of MES.
- Submit final proposals and conduct follow-up with appropriate funding agency/private entity.
- Promote and nurture relationships with the members, donors and partners develop and implement cultivation and retention strategies.
- Collaborate with and coordinate efforts of other fundraising and marketing staff with regard to proposed programmes, partnerships and sponsorships.
- Prepare reports on development / fundraising activities as requested.
- Maintain database files and records including those used to track contributions and keep accurate mailing lists.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Proven proposal writing skills
- Driver’s License
- Knowledge and experience of MS Office Suite required
- Managerial Skills
- Communication Skills
- Administrative Skills
- Command of the English Language
- Experience in using Salesforce preferable
- Must have public speaking experience
- Be an effective and a good team player
- Be assertive and confident
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible regarding working hours
- Must have Christian values
- Need a dedicated committed and self-motivated person
- Be innovative i.e. come up with new ideas and suggestions that can benefit the fundraising and marketing department
To apply, submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 13th July, 2018