My Vote Counts (MVC) is a non-profit that aims to improve the accountability, transparency and inclusiveness in South Africa’s political and electoral systems. They achieve their aims through research, advocacy, campaigning, popular education and strategic litigation.
Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Location: Cape Town
- Produce organisational expenditure reports monthly;
- Produce project financial reports monthly;
- Produce finance reports per donor monthly;
- Ensure correct documentation of all required financial records;
- Ensure financial records are always audit ready;
- Conduct monthly reconciliaton to ensure expenses align with documentation;
- Assist with developing financial projections.
- Manage staffing hours and leave allocations;
- Manage procurement for the organisation and the individual projects;
- Liaise with service providers pertaining to organisational services (e.g. Accountant, Auditors, Computer Technician);
- Assist project staff with logistics pertaining to MVC activities and events;
- Record keeping and digitisation of key documents;
- Maintain MVC’s asset register;
- Develop policies for the office as and when they become necessary.
- Assist with other admin related duties as they arise.
- Ensure that all governance and Board related records are documented and up to date;
- Liaise with Board members pertaining to information required by SARS, CIPC and MVC’s donors;
- Facilitate logistical requirements for MVC Board meetings;
- Must be a South African citizen or permanent resident with a valid working visa with appropriate qualifications in Finance and/or Accounting. Additional qualification in Office Administration is an advantage.
- An ability to work on multiple projects concurrently;
- Basic IT skills (Word, Excel) is a minimum requirement but deeper knowledge is an advantage;
- Minimum work experience of 2 years;
- Previous experience working in an NGO environment is an advantage;
- An ability to conduct oneself with discretion and sensitivity.
Submit your CV(maximum 3 pages), a motivation letter(maximum 1 page) and current contact details of at least three referees to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Monday, 19 August, 2019