Posted on :
2 Sep, 2014
2 Sep, 2014
Provide direction, technical advice, management and employee development to the Economics and Scheduling section to enable the development and implementation of the production plan, the production and product schedule and product logistics to ensure production meets customer quality and quantity requirements and maintains security of supply
– BSc or B(Eng.) In Chemical Engineering or BCom Degree
– 8 – 10 years in the petrochemical industry or which 5 years were in production planning and scheduling and 3 years at management level
– Manage the implementation of Operation’s strategy and plans within the Economics and Scheduling section to enable the achievement of PetroSA strategic objectives.
– Manage and monitor the preparation and implementation of the production plan, the production and product schedule and logistics to ensure production meets customer quality and quantity requirements and maintains security of supply
– Manage and monitor the evaluation of the imported feedstock economics and composition to ensure the most economical and technical feedstock for production is sourced and supplied on time for production and ensure that the refinery is economically optimized.
– Manage the planning and scheduling of the project implementation within Production which takes account of the production plan to ensure product is delivered on time and within specifications
– Manage and monitor the development and implementation of the Economics and Scheduling section’s standards, guidelines, processes and procedures to ensure regulatory and legislative compliance.
– Manage and monitor the identification, evaluation and recommendation of new opportunities for revenue enhancement and cost reduction of existing assets at the GTL Refinery to enable the achievement of PetroSA strategic objectives.
– Manage and monitor the conducting of risk analysis and the maintenance and implementation of a Risk Register and Area Threat Matrix to ensure that all major risks are mitigated thus ensuring that the section is able to perform optimally and in the most cost effective manner.
– Prepare and hold formal biweekly sessions together with Trading Sales and Logistics to provide an update in terms of product availability and alternative plans where production has not been achieved to meet customer requirements
– Manage and monitor the liaise with process engineers to ensure the LP Model represents the operational constraints to ensure the most cost effective and technically sound production plan is implemented
– Manage and monitor the compilation and present of the monthly actual versus forecast production presentation to provide feedback to Operations and to generate alternative plans if required
– Manage and monitor the implementation of SHEQ and the relevant quality management practices/systems and the conducting of internal and external audits to ensure compliance and accreditation retained.
– In consultation with all relevant individuals develop, monitor and manage the budget for the Economics and Scheduling section to ensure that funds are sufficiently utilized for service delivery.
– Manage the provision of production volume and economic advice regarding the feed economics and input into the 5 year production budget to ensure the most optimal production plan is produced.
– Provide advice to customers regarding requests or queries related to the operation of the Economics and Scheduling section for quality customer service.
– Liaise with Blending and Storage to minimise blending costs and for product supply purposes
– Interact with TSL for market demands, production plan and budget inputs
– Manage the development and implementation of a personal learning and growth plan to ensure continued development.
– Supervise subordinates’ performance, coaching and the development of team members learning and growth plans to ensure good performance delivery, retention and talent development
How to Apply