Posted on :
1 Dec, 2010
1 Dec, 2010
Dimension Data was founded in 1983 in South Africa and today operates in 49 countries on six continents. Our growth has been driven by our clients’ need to operate efficiently in an environment where collaborative partnerships and the intelligent network have emerged as the two most important business enablers. Our heritage in networking and deep understanding of network-related technologies differentiate us from our competitors. Moving forward into the future, our focus has evolved to adapting the design, management and development of business technology to be a better servant to the greater business and use it as a tool to drive innovation, enable market leadership and make companies tighter, better, more cost-effective and competitive.
Primary Location: MEA-ZA-Gauteng
Target Start Date: Jan 3, 2011
Number of Openings: 1
Position Summary and Primary Objectives
• The role involves supporting Account Managers and the Pre-sales team with quotes, orders and administrative tasks, in an efficient and effective manner.
• Ensuring sales orders are processed promptly and all administration issues are addressed efficiently and timorously.
• Teamwork – you will be required to work closely with the staff from all departments within the business unit as well as across various Lines of Business with Dimension Data.
Main Duties / Key Accountabilities
• Assist Account Managers with the preparation and checking paperwork i.e. quotations, standard order documentation, third party pricing etc, required for the processing of orders in SAP.
• Assist with the preparation work (quotation processed in SAP), for the procurement of equipment.
• Update order intake records in Sales Book, on Excel, and allocate SAP numbers.
• Update and maintain Product Backorder file.
• Liaise with CPD to follow up on orders and ensure that billing can take place.
• Interface with, and feedback to the Central Processing Department and Sales people on order queries and stock availability when required.
• Assist Project Managers in terms of amendments and additions required on relevant projects.
• Extensive liaison with the Sales and Pre-sales team, providing them with regular feedback on orders and ETA status.
• Efficient and effective management of queries, amendments and corrections.
• Liaise with GID to ensure orders are delivered timorously.
• Send weekly Order Intake report to the Account Managers.
• Month-end – ensure that all orders have been processed in SAP
• Assist Management with general administration functions when necessary including preparation of presentations, correspondence etc.
• Other related ad-hoc responsibilities.
Requirements: Education / Training and Experience
• Intermediate-Advanced MS Excel skills required.
• MS Office, MS PowerPoint and Word skills (Basic – Intermediate skills)
• SAP would be preferential, but training will be given.
• Minimum of 4-5 Years working experience with supervisory experience preferable.
Personal Attributes and Skills Required
• Should be able to work in a pressured environment and work well with internal and external customers.
• Attention to detail is exceptionally important.
• Financial acumen (for e.g. VAT, margins, exchange rates, percentages etc).
• Effective time-management is essential.
• Self-starter – Ability to work responsibility on your own. Have a lot of initiative (problem solving skills).
• Must be able to work effectively in a team environment & be able to work independently.
• Be prepared to work outside of normal working hours when required.
• Have a good telephone manner.
• Have the aptitude to learn the details of the products we sell.
• Have excellent administrative skills; be very accurate in their work.
• Work hard, and be able to take responsibility for the quality and output of the work they produce.
How to apply:
Click on this link:
select basic search; then Location as Africa and apply.