Posted on :
10 Jul, 2013
10 Jul, 2013
Job Ref No: 11913
Business Unit: Sasol Synfuels
Location: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Level of Experience: 3 to 4 years
Purpose of the job: To provide Plant Support and Process engineering proposals to the Water Works environment.
All applicants must apply on line via the career centre on the recruitment page. Kindly be advised that only applications received via the career centre will be considered.”
Specific experience required
– Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a chemical engineering function.
– Water environment experience (wish)
Qualifications and expertise required:
– B. Engineering Chemical/Process (must)
Functional: Add value to Synfuels Business:
– Plant monitoring and performance evaluation (Interpretation of operational data & trends) with focus on proactive monitoring.
– Operations technical support and optimisation.
– Plant and equipment modelling skills.
– Identify & exploit value adding opportunities through process and economic analysis
– Troubleshooting on incidents
– Developing process proposals/packages
– Requires leadership skills, organizational abilities & good judgement.
– Building of close partner relationships with the Sasol PowerStation business and plant managers.
– Facilitates the identification of new opportunities and ensure their implementation.
– Ensure integration across process value chains.
– Provide the necessary coaching for the growth and development.
– Trouble shooting plant upsets and fault finding.
Competencies (skills, knowledge and characteristics)
– Good communication skills (Written and verbal)
– Ability to co-ordinate technical interface with operations
– Results driven and showing initiative and drive to achieve results
– Understanding of project economics
– Technical problem solving and analytical skills
– Sound understanding of practical plant operations coupled with chemical engineering fundamentals
– Knowledge of Sasol BD&I model
– Ability to think conceptually, creativity
– Ability to work effectively within a team
– Self-starter / Able to work without close supervision while knowing when to ask for assistance
– Planning of work for the team (if in lead position) and individually
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply Now button at the end of this page to apply online