The Social Audit Network (SAN), hosted within the Social Justice Coalition (SJC), is a network of civil society organisations that work together to expand the implementation of social audits, as a legitimate and effective form of community-based monitoring and participation in South Africa. The SAN works with communities to hold government and service providers to account and encourages community empowerment through skills transfer.
Job Title: Project Manager
Job Location: Cape Town
Start date: Immediately
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
This is a full time six months non-renewable contract position
The purpose of the position is to assist with the management of specific projects related to the growth of SAN.
Planning and implementation
- Plan, implement and document projects that will help realise SANs strategic objectives, including learning events and trainings
- Design mechanisms for knowledge transfer and sharing of best practices and lessons learnt
- Help identify and establish new relationships with potential SAN stakeholders
- Develop training materials and guides
- Develop social media content
- Help write proposals and reports
- Tertiary degree in related field, post-graduate degree advantageous
- A commitment to social justice
- High level of operations and systems management experience
- Minimum of three to five years of relevant experience
- Ability to network, develop, and manage relationships across organisations and government stakeholders
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Management and leadership skills
- Initiative and ability to drive processes
- Experience working in community organisations and/or social movements advantageous
- Command of English
- Ability to speak an African language is advantageous.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable and flexible during pressurised times
- Proficiency with computers and online research
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Writing, research, communications, and analytical capacity
- Ability to conduct their own administrative duties
To apply, submit a cover letter and CV to [email protected] clearly stating Project Manager in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 6th July, 2018