The Adonis Musati Project (AMP) was named after a young Zimbabwean man who died of starvation on the streets of Cape Town while queuing to get his asylum papers.
The project strives to empower marginalised refugees and migrants in South Africa through fostering sustainable support networks and encouraging personal development that achieves lasting change.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Wynberg, Cape Town
The working hours and salary for this role are negotiable and will be determined by the candidate’s level of experience.
- Overall management of the organisation’s finance, planning, cost efficiency, reporting and analytics, and financial planning strategies for all of the organisation’s programmes
- Forming part of the mgt team and working closely with the Executive Director
- Overseeing the payroll process and to an extent the operations of the organisation
- Supervise/manage the bookkeeper and finance assistant
- Act as link between Director, Board, staff and donors
- Annual budgeting and planning for the organisation
- Working with Director to develop budgets for proposals
- Ability to handle multiple donor budgets and be flexible in adapting budgets to change
- Responsible for all financial reporting to funders, meeting their deadlines and maintaining relationships
- Be very comfortable with Excel and ability to extract data from SAGE, manipulate and create meaningful reports.
- Cash flow management and forecasting
- End of month trial balance review and sign off including ad hoc journal entries
- Understanding and raising of accruals, provision and repayments
- Reconciling and maintaining Income received in advance
- Compile, review and distribute monthly financial reports for all departments
- Prepare quarterly board reports timeously
- Co-ordinating annual audit, liaising with auditors and audit preparation.
- Liaising with funders for monitoring visits and ensuring all aspects of the grant agreements have been adhered to.
- BCom Accounting Degree
- Completed articles with a minimum of five years’ financial management experience essential
- Experience of working in an NPO or desire to work in one.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and bookkeeping programmes
- Sound understanding of VAT, PAYE and company statutory requirements
- Experience and understanding of financial and payroll processes and systems
- Strong financial/costing/accounting and analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills, the ability to develop positive working relationships with individuals and teams’ essential
- Proactive with good self-leadership
- Advanced problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Resilient and open to working with various personalities
- Competent communicator who is approachable and trustworthy
- Mature and responsible attitude towards work with the ability to take ownership of projects and also get your hands dirty when necessary
- Ability to successfully multi-task and manage financial projects across the organsiation
- Adaptable to changes in budgets, new projects and donor requirements
- Attention to detail
- Time management and organisational skills
Interested applicants should send their CVs to – [email protected]
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 30 June, 2020