JOB TITLE: Control System Specialist
JOB LOCATION: Durban, Maydon Wharf
RELOCATION TERMS: Open to SA citizens only!
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
To design, install, commission and maintain hardware & software for control systems and instrumentation systems. To perform engineering-related projects and design out recurring engineering problems.
1. Hardware / Software Design, Installation and Commissioning
* Designs and implements hardware and software taking into consideration the human/machine interface, i.e. how the operators will interact with the process.
* Investigates the availability of hardware and software on the market.
* Selects which hardware / software to use in the factory in terms of availability, wiring and equipment correspondence with material in use in the factory.
* Commissions the new system with the assistance of instrument technicians.
2. Maintenance and Fault finding
* Keeps the control system operational by fault finding, correcting faults and documenting system changes.
* Responsible for the systems integrity, back ups and DRP’s
* Documents operations training manuals for training of users.
* Is responsible for training maintenance personnel and operating personnel on maintenance and operation of new control systems.
* Raises the budget and ensures that
* Project remains within budget.
* Interprets relevant laws and standards and ensure that standards and laws are implemented and adhered to.
* Investigates accidents and incidents and draws up reports.
* B.Sc and 2-5 years experience of instrument control and automation.
* Or B.Tech (T4/S5 – Electrical Engineering
) and 5-7 years experience of instrument control and automation or N6 in instrument and trade tested.
* Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access)
* SAP/PMS (Plant maintenance systems).
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
How to Apply
Closing date: 4 September 2013
For further information about this position please call 0800980612.