Vodacom, South Africa’s Leading Cellular Network, is on the lookout for talented, energetic and dedicated people to weave the Vodacom magic! This may be YOU!
Vodacom is an award winning company and has expanded into Africa. The company is driven by The Vodacom Way which embodies a spirit to win, to deal straight and to sincerely care about everything we do! Vodacom firmly believes that it can enhance people’s lives and empower them. Most of all, those who work for Vodacom will seek to do the impossible. This creates a dynamic and exciting work environment offering opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Vodacom South Africa is seeking to recruit Principal Specialist Engineer
Job Reference Number: 1604/RD/PrincSpec/PR/Mid
Reports To: Executive Head of Vodacom Group Technology Governance
- The VGTG is responsible for the aligned implementation of the Vodacom Group technology strategy, standards, guidelines, best practices and the interface with Vodafone Technology Networks Group. It is the “consolidation” point between “Network” and “IT” in terms of the interface to Vodafone.
- This function will manage the Technology Support activities on behalf of the Vodacom Group CTO’s office for Vodacom International Business operating companies, as well as Vodacom South Africa.
- The Principle Specialist will utilise his or her background in the Network areas to lead and provide support to existing Mobile and Fixed technologies as well as support emerging Data Technologies.
- Setting strategic direction in the Vodacom Group technology environment
- Ensuring alignment with Vodafone and Vodacom Group policies and objectives
- Conducting research on strategic trends and technologies in the field of Telecommunications and IT with the aim of developing roadmaps and benchmarks against world best practices
- Setting of quality standards and procedures against world best practice benchmarks and the management of these processes
- Compiling strategic and operational documentation.
- Research new technologies in the wireless, cellular, fixed and IP telecommunications fields
- Manage vendor relationships associated with Technology Governance
- Manage relationships with other Divisions and Groups within Vodacom Group and Vodafone
- Making key technical recommendations to upper management on technology trends and evolving network architectures
- Perform technology investigations, and supporting Opcos with the associated field trials where required
- Identify key areas in terms of technology and network evolution and communicate to all stakeholders
- Identify risk areas in terms of network capacity and performance and communicate to all stakeholders
- Manage the process and interface to the Products and Services domains across the group
- Technical coordination of technology plans and submissions as well as best practice sharing functions
- Define and manage technology roadmaps for the Vodacom Group
- Develop and set technology standards across the Vodacom Group
- Manage Technology Transformation Programs
- Support due diligence investigations on behalf of the CTO
- Manage, compile and update a Vodacom Group strategy based on broader objectives defined within the company strategy
- Where required, perform cost-benefit analysis associated with specific technical scenarios and trials under consideration
- Prepare recommendations as required to Vodacom top management
- Strategy Implementation
- Conduct Testing and Evaluation
- Conduct Research
- Provide High Level Support
- Manage Technical aspects of Projects
- Manage Change
- Facilitate Events
- Negotiate Agreements
- Process Implementation
- Compile Documentation
- Information Technology
- The ability to lead and operate within a team structure
- Analytical thinking
- Strategic level problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to function at all levels in the organisation
- Facilitation skills
- Sound leadership skills
- Technical Project Management at an advanced level
- Advanced level technical writing skills
- The ability to manage stress for prolonged periods
- The ability to focus on detail
- Strong persuasion skills
- A broad knowledge of the Telecommunications industry
- A good understanding of the current and future Technology Environment
- In depth Mobile Network knowledge
- GSM/UMTS/WiMax/LTE Network
- IMS/SIP/Soft Switching
- Sharing and Hosting concepts
- Vendor Systems
- Self starter
- Detail Focused
- Strategic Thinker
- Lateral Thinker
- Pragmatic and practical
Minimum qualification: B.Sc Computer Science Honours or BSc Engineering or B.Eng. or an equivalent NQF Level 6 qualification
B.Sc degree in Engineering (4 year degree) or similar qualification from a tertiary institution.
Further postgraduate studies would be advantageous but are not essential.
8 -12 Years experience in an Information Services Electronics and Telecommunication Technology environment specifically in the GSM/UMTS Radio industry
3 years experience in the analysis and technical fault finding of telecommunication systems
Exposure to UMTS, WiMax and other mobile telecommunication technologies is essential
Exposure to High Level Support and testing of telecommunication systems will be an advantage.
At least 8 to 12 years in the telecommunications industry, with 3 to 5 years in a technical lead position
At least 3 years experience of GSM and UMTS cellular communications required and some exposure to LTE would be preferable.
At least 3 years work experience in Africa and dealing with African operations.
Experience in interacting with Vodacom Opcos in Africa would be most advantageous.
Must be willing to travel in and outside the borders of South Africa as and when required
Must be willing to work irregular hours and long hours
Must have the ability to cope with extreme stress
Must have a legal driver’s license
Must have own transport
Please note that there will be a technical test as part of the screening process.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
Response Deadline: 27/7/2010