Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Process Operator located in Milnerton, South Africa through October 9, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Operates the process: Follows procedures in everyday situations, shutdowns, startups and emergencies, make adjustments, change flows or line-ups as directed by DCS Operator, use and operate plant and equipment, engage in plant housekeeping and sign-off any appropriate CDMS procedures
- Maintains plant and equipment: Prepares and commissions equipment, reports breakdowns and reports any required preventative and safety maintenance, anticipates problems and equipment breakdowns, performs any minor on-shift maintenance in extreme and emergency situations (such as: strainers, small blinds, flanges and greasing of valves)
- Communicates and interprets Information: Writes up and reads log books, communicates with the handover shift, communicates actions taken to DCS operator, communicates with Operations Supervisor, monitors and records plant and equipment conditions
- Handles materials and lab testing and quality: Draws samples for the lab, completes documentation for lab samples, checks stock of consumables and compares with levels, makes up of chemicals, carries out basic lab testing. Performs quality inspections, makes adjustments to restore quality in consultation with the DCS operator
- Health, Environment, and Safety (HES) and emergencies: Monitors safety of equipment, performs plant inspections, reports and covers any unsafe or hazardous conditions, prepares for handling of toxic material / gas, including treatment and disposal, measures, highlights, reports and assists with the removal of fugitive emissions, contributes to HES. Performs emergency drills and participates in emergency response teams, understands and follows safety indicators and emergency procedures, assists other areas in emergencies
- Relationships: Works well with other outside or process operators, DCS operators, Operations Supervisor and Refinery Shift Coordinator, promotes team work, mentors and coaches new and existing operators
- Matric with Science and Maths (or equivalent e.g., N3)
- Willing to work with hazardous materials
- Able to analyze situations and solve problems
- Able to work under pressure and willing to respond to emergency situations is essential
- Has self-motivation and responsibility
- Able to promote a culture of safety and to adhere to rules & regulations
- Good English communications skills
- Willing to work a 12 hour, 5 week shift system (equivalent to a 40-hour week)
- Physical fitness and happy to work outdoors
- Experience within a continuous process/mechanical environment will be an advantage
- Code 08 driver’s license
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidates will work in South Africa under the local payroll system and benefits.
Selections will be made in line with the Chevron South Africa Employment Equity plan.
Additional Application Instructions:
- Interested applicants should attach a certified copy of their academic certification and a copy of the academic results in the application
- Interviews for this position will be held in November 11-22, 2013 and candidates should be available to start on February 1, 2014.
|Education Required Discipline:
How to Apply
[button link=”https://www.chevron.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=32781&CurrentPage=1″ color=”red” newwindow=”yes”] Click here to apply online[/button]