Posted on :
20 Oct, 2014
20 Oct, 2014
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
We operate 100,000 barrels per day refinery in Milnerton, Cape Town, that produces gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, liquefied petroleum gas, fuel oil, paving asphalt and other products. Chevron South Africa also has interests in a lubricant oil manufacturing plant in Durban and maintains a laboratory and blending plant there.
This position is responsible for the management of procurement operations activities within South Africa Supply Chain for Chevron Lubricants. Supervises a team of buyers and import coordinator. This includes execution of indirect and direct spends activities in accordance with Chevron Procurement Policies. Local and international supplier management through KPI monitoring. This position will also ensure successful deployment of category management, management systems, and process standardization within the procurement operations.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
– Performs day-to-day procurement operations to ensure smooth and efficient supply of additive, finished product, base oil and packaging consistent with the operating plans. Resolves issues caused by plant logistics and limitations
– Expedites or de-expedites product as required, ensuring raw material availability at all times
– Approves invoices for Indirect/ direct spend items and resolves invoice discrepancies
– Works with Regional Category Procurement to evaluate supplier performance
– Executes standardized procurement process as agreed with Global Downstream Procurement
– Manage relationships with Global/regional suppliers within the market area and evaluates performance
– Supports Category management to ensure 100% compliance to contracting procedures
– Ensures that all Scope of work for contracts are updated and reflect correctly work being performed
– Co-ordinates clauses and addendums and coordinates with the Category procurement department on terms, conditions and issues in contracts
– Collates and reviews contracts and documents required for Contract facilitation: Supplier Qualification Forms, Denied party screenings, Service Level Agreements, contractor management
– Liaises with Contract owners to complete tasks and ensures the contract execution is in compliance with the Delegation of Authority
– Consults Category Management on contract issues and resolutions after contract is awarded
– Deploys Global Downstream Procurement strategies, processes, systems and programs. Understands and champions standardized supply chain processes. Gathers key learning’s and leverages best practices to achieve continuous improvement
– Creates and communicates the aggregate, long range master plan. Prepares outlook information, attends outlook meeting, leads the operations side of the sales and operations planning process (future), assists in making operational decisions based on the long range plan
Manages and provides strategic and business alignment direction for:
– Category analysis (internal and external)
– Sourcing and negotiations
– Implementation of agreements and integration of key suppliers
– Performance monitoring
– Ongoing Supplier and Contract Management
– Ensures proper staffing for value creation and value capture
Operational Excellence (OE)/ Compliance/ Quality:
– Stewards Loss Prevention System (LPS) with the procurement team and ensure a good fluency in OE and compliance expectations
– Leads and co-ordinates such as supplier quality as guided in our ISO standards
– Utilizes LPS tools such as IMPACT and MOC
– Leads and manages an OE process – Process owner
Performance/ Change Management: Supervises the introduction of new products and services. Responsible for the development and implementation of transition plans for any vendor changes
– Co-located with customer as needed to ensure tie to business, engagement, responsiveness and technical and commercial knowledge
– Monitors agreement compliance
– Direct Enterprise and Regional sourcing
– Tracks and reports savings results and supplier performance information
– Supplier management
Tertiary qualification in supply chain/procurement or any Bcom degree
3 years procurement experience
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.*LI-EG1
Selected candidates will work in South Africa under the local payroll system and benefits.
Selections will be made in line with the Chevron South Africa Employment Equity plan.
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Country: South Africa
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Procurement Operations Supervisor located in Durban, South Africa through October 20, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).