The CSIR (Council for Scientific and Industrial Research) is a leading scientific and
technology research organisation, implementing projects throughout Africa and making a
difference in people’s lives.
Project Managers (Pretoria)
About the job:
CSIR: Consulting and Analytical Services has challenging positions for Project Managers
projects across various domains.
• Contract management
• Identifying project requirements with a team-based approach
• Establishing clear and achievable objectives
• Excellent team and stakeholder communication
• Balancing the competing demands for quality, scope, time and cost
• Adapting the specifications, plans and approach to the different concerns and
expectations of the various stakeholders (handling all possible conflict situations)
• Initiating, planning, monitoring, controlling and completing a portfolio of projects
• Monitoring and controlling project progress including regular consolidation of financial
• Generating and presenting project progress reports as and when required
• Ensuring that high levels of data integrity are maintained on all CSIR systems
• Ensuring that all project documentation is filed appropriately and is accessible at all
• Management of project-level budgeting
• Financial administration
• Stakeholder management.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
• B degree or any tertiary qualification deemed to be equivalent by the SA
Qualifications Standards Authority
• Formal qualification in Project Management
• 3-5 years’ experience in Project Management, preferably in one of the following
domains: Built Environment, Water and Sanitation, Engineering
• The following competencies are critical for this position:
• Ability to work well in a team
• Ability to interpret client needs and requirements and scope the activities
• Ability to manage and report effectively on activities according to approved
• Ability to work across project boundaries and with complex projects
SS-F-HR-363 REV 02 Advert CAS Page 1 of 2• Ability to budget effectively
• Excellent report-writing skills
• Integration and synthesis of project results at high levels
• Good organisational, communication and people skills
• Conflict management
• Full computer literacy and competency (MS Office and Ms Projects)
• Experience in ensuring implementation of multi-disciplinary project plans/strategies
across organisational boundaries.
How to apply
Should you meet the above requirements, please go to the URL indicated below in order to
apply; select the position reference number 300505; complete the application form and
attach your CV: www.csir.co.za/apply.php
Closing date: Open advert
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES
Should you experience any problems in submitting your application, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre
at [email protected] Please do not submit your application to this mailbox.
The CSIR gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the
organisation. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit
and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the
handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves
the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO RECEIVE NEW JOBS BY EMAIL AND PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS.