Proactively support the Key Account Manager teams to close service led deals (transformational and/or operations), in the Network, Enterprise and Data Center IP domains, powered by world class sales culture, leadership and engagement expertise.
The Engagement Director:
- develop business plans and account plans to improve the Ericsson IP market share in the area of competence
- supports the Sales team from early qualification to final negotiation of service deals and/or takes a stream lead position in Feasibility Study, Due Diligence and Contract Negotiations
- supports in evolving the service portfolio of Ericsson with emphasis on IP related Managed and Transformational Services
The ED has the task to:
- Establish sales strategies and tactics
- Assume main responsibility for developing the growth strategy for own area of expertise in the assigned geographic area
- Develop negotiation strategies and tactics for own area of expertise for Customers as well Suppliers
- Work with the KAM to develop account plans for all the accounts in the assigned geographic area with focus operation and transformation services in the Network, Enterprise and Data Center IP domains
- Develop and/or coordinate the development of proposals assuming the responsibility for
- Sales team competences/skills
- Delivery Model ( local vs off-shore )
- Overall service solution including its technical and architectural aspects Overall team sizing and costs assurance ( solution sign-off from delivery units and cost confirmation from external parties via Ericsson Sourcing )
- Support to the negotiation team
Develop and maintain a competitive and profitable Ericsson service portfolio, using global best practice experiences
The holder of this position reports directly to Global Head of MS IT
Besides expertise, knowledge and understanding of IP equipment and software (LAN, WAN, Data Center, IP Core, IP Backhaule, VPN, …) in Network, Enterprise and DC domains, a solid expertise in operational services and best practices of processes and tool support is mandatory.
- Graduated M.Sc in Telecommunication Engineering or Information Technology
- Preferably Cisco Certification – CCIE or CCDP or CCNP
- 10/15 years’ experience in:
- Telco Network and/or Data Center Operation and Managementand/or
- Network/DC Transformation Programs as IT Consultant and/or as Telco Operator employee in Network or IT Departmentsand/or
- IP Networks (IP Core, IP Backhaul, VPN) Operation and Management
- Multiyear experience in international context
- Sales skill: support or leading resp. on response to RFI/RFQ for IP Networks and Data Center Transformation/Outsourcing opportunities
- Third parties commercial and technical relationship management
- Business oriented and problem solving on high-level business issues
- Natural leader authority & Social competence
- Broad generalist who can understand the importance of integrating all areas into a context
- Relationships building and networking with Customers Executives at C-level
- Good Team working and Interpersonal skills
- Team Management
- Autonomous and self motivated
- Strong background in Network and/or IT in the Telecommunications industry together with business intelligence about Telco dynamics, business drivers and market challenges of the industry
- Background in addition to Telecommunications preferably in one of Automotive, Shipping, Utilities industries is a strong value-add
- Value propositions of IP Transformation and/or IP Network Outsourcing DC Transformation and/or DC Outsourcing definition
- Business Case handling and BC financial indicators deep understanding
- Program and Project Management methodologies knowledge and hands on experience
- eTom and ITIL Framework knowledge and/or certification
- CIO – CTO and their first line reports
- Ericsson Key Account Managers
- Ericsson Regional Sales Engagement in Business Line Managed Services
- Ericsson and Customer’s Sourcing/Procurement department
- Managed Services Delivery in Global Service Delivery Centers
The position would require the candidates to be willing and able to travel extensively, over 150 days per year.
The position is a global role and can be placed based on business demand and availability in different countries.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: South Africa (ZA) || Gauteng || Johannesburg || Consulting&SysInt IT; ProdMgt; R&D SalesStratMkt&ComMgt ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP Supply&Log