National Research Foundation Recruitment
The National Research Foundation (NRF) supports and promotes research and human capital development through funding, the provision of National Research Facilities and science outreach platforms and programmes to the broader communities in all fields of science and technology, including natural science, engineering, social sciences and humanities.
The International Relations and Cooperation (IRC) Directorate performs multiple cross-cutting functions in order to:
- promote and facilitate the internationalisation of research and of higher education;
- foster, enhance and administer inter-governmental and inter-agency bilateral S&T agreements;
- manage, administer and provide strategic direction for South African multilateral obligations; and
- ensure the development of high-quality human resources within the current bilateral and multilateral programmes.
The IRC Directorate seeks to appoint a Finance Officer. Reporting to the Executive Director: IRC the primary task of the Finance Officer is to review, reconcile, monitor, manage, and report on the financial status (income and expenditure) of the Directorate.
- Ensure sound financial planning and management of IRC finances.
- Review, reconcile and monitor the income and expenditure of the IRC Directorate.
- Provide financial guidance in drafting of contracts, MoA and MoU.
- Authorise and/or review purchase order and projects/payment requests.
- Management of investment funds and cash flow.
- Preparing financial management reports.
- Preparing for and assisting with audits.
- Preparing and compiling statistical information.
- Assisting with budget preparations.
- Ensure that the IRC Directorate meets its financial obligations to service providers and partners.
- Liaise with service providers and handle queries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with the NRF RISA financial policies and procedures, PFMA and Treasury Regulations.
- Provide financial and administrative support functions to the IRC Directorate.
- Perform additional accounting assignments, as directed by the Executive Director.
- A relevant finance related Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma. A Postgraduate qualification or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- At least five years’ relevant experience.
- Understanding of public finance, and the National System of Innovation.
- Computer Literacy including financial/accounting software and Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent numeracy and accuracy skills.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to handle audit queries.
- Excellent communication, writing and formulation skills.
The NRF is committed to employment equity and redress. Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- deal with complex written and numerical information
- communicate effectively at different levels
- work both independently and within a team
- controlling business finances
- analysis and problem solving
- stakeholder relationship management
- PFMA and Treasury Regulations
- financial management information systems
- South African National System of Innovation
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
Apply online before 18/11/2014.
Please note that Recruiters may delete or expire jobs at any time.