Lamb Weston / Meijer is looking for an International Key Account Manager to join their Sales department and represent their Food Service business in Sub-Saharan Africa. In this role the International Key Account Manager will report to the International Sales Manager MEA. The primary focus will be on South Africa, however later on neighbouring countries could be added.
As a member of the sales organization, the International Key Account Manager will contribute to the development and execution of company strategy, with specific responsibility for the region/country. The following will also apply:
- Lead the development, implementation and delivery of annual operating plans for the markets included in the region/country.
- Lead the development and implementation of company commercial strategy in close cooperation with the Marketing & Channel marketing team to ensure sustainable growth and profitability.
- Initiate and coordinate the development of sales plans for the relevant market strategic segments, for the existing business as well as to penetrate new market segments to ensure sustainable growth and profitability. · Build and maintain a strong customer relation network for the company, especially developing and maintaining critical customer relationships.
- Lead the preparation and delivery of offers and proposals to strategic and key customers.
- Ensure periodical sales reports on actual and planned sales, outstanding offers, counters, sales transactions and visits / visit reports, including the sales performance KPI’s.
- Implements and maintains a performance measurement process including revenue tracking.
- Monitors and updates financial models to ensure each account provides appropriate returns.
- Coordinate and facilitate Customer Service operations for the markets.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company products and competitor products, strengths and weaknesses. Apply the knowledge of Lamb Weston / Meijer products to customer’s needs.
- Develop personal contacts with most important customers, represent the company from a Sales point of view with key customers and others, as appropriate.
- Lead the cooperation with the Supply Chain & Finance functions at the company in order to create value for the customers and for Lamb Weston / Meijer.
- Create alignment with Management in the Middle East, Europe and US.
The Successful Applicant
Lamb Weston / Meijer is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated professional to lead the local business development / sales in the assigned region and develop / implement the sales strategies and tactics. The following criteria will be required in order to be considered for the role:
- Ideally educated to a degree qualification level (diploma at a minimum).
- 3 – 8 years’ experience in sales in a Food or FMCG industry with an international perspective.
- A track record of accomplishment in sales and marketing management in international food or agro companies (food service experience is preferred).
- Entrepreneur with customer orientated approach.
- Able to work within a matrix organization.
- Fluency in English.
- Willing to travel.
What’s on Offer
A competitive guaranteed package + incentive is on offer.
Apply for this job
Click the Apply or LinkedIn button below or contact Andrew Miskell on +27 11 303 8313 quoting job reference 14766