Aurecon brings ideas to life to design a better future. Imagining what is possible, we turn problems into solutions.
We provide advisory, design, delivery and asset management services on projects across a range of markets, in locations worldwide.
As engineers and advisors, we blend what is with what might be to create what is possible. Using innovation and design, we bring our clients’ ideas to life to shape the future.
Complexity inspires us. Ambiguity energises us. We believe that together, we’ll solve some of the world’s most complex problems. All that’s needed is to start seeing the world differently, today.
At Aurecon, we are passionate about partnering with our clients, and believe that our diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation. We challenge the status quo and we want to work with people who, like us, are passionate about fostering human achievement.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial) from reputable university
- Experience gained in B Eng course:
- Good knowledge of power generation and power plant principles;
- Fundamentals of thermal cycles;
- Understanding the designing of renewable and energy efficient power plants;
- Calculation of cycle, plant, equipment efficiencies
- None required, willing to register as Pr Eng candidate
Key Personal Attributes:
- Attention to detail and quality of work (meticulous).
- Able to interface with a team of technical people across several disciplines.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to deal with change.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Windows/Microsoft Office (Word & Excel).
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Grow, maintain and adhere to a safety culture in line with the company safety culture
- Assume responsibility of own individual tasks and budgets allocated by Project Manager.
- Planning of own individual tasks as assigned by the Project Manager to tie in with the project schedule.
- Regular reporting against project program and budgets.
- Ensure that all project documentation is prepared, circulated, approved, transmitted and filed in accordance with company and project procedures.
- Timeously complete weekly timesheets.
- Adhere to Aurecon’s company policies and procedures
- Participate in the young professional training program (Limelight)
- Compile technical calculations, comparisons and reports as required by the projects
- Based in Lynnwood, Pretoria.
- Must be willing to travel for site visits, inspections, client engagements within South Africa, and other African countries
Job no: 928294
Work type: Permanent – Full Time
Categories: Mechanical Engineering, Chemical & Process Engineering
Applications close: 24 Mar 2017 South Africa Standard Time