Posted on :
7 Dec, 2015
7 Dec, 2015
Murray & Roberts Power and Energy invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Project Planner x 2 for the Medupi Project. The project entails the building of 6 x 780 MW Coal Fired Super Critical Boiler for the coal fired Medupi Power Station to be erected at the Medupi Site at Lephalale (Ellisras), Limpopo, South Africa
Suitable candidates must have the following work experience:
• Advanced skills in the use of PrimaVera P6 and Microsoft Office software
• Knowledge of project management and construction management tools/ systems, i.e. Prism, CCS, Smart Plant, JDE etc.
Suitable candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
• A relevant tertiary qualification.
• Registration with relevant professional body will be an added advantage, e.g., SAPCI (CEASA).
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Project Planner will assist the Lead Project Planner and Senior Project Planner in producing time and resource plans and programmes for the projects, monitoring and reporting progress and forecasting completion dates required for the project using the prescribed standard, policies and procedures.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND INDICATORS
The successful candidate’s responsibilities and Indicators will include, but not be limited to:
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
• Project planning, scheduling and forecasting.
• Functional and management reporting.
• Materials and manpower requirements.
• Personnel management.
• Training and development.
• Documents and records management.
• Health and safety, policies, procedures and standards compliance.
1. Participates in the efforts of planning to establish the most time and cost effective methods of erection and convert that to a working programme model.
2. Be responsible for the development of overall baseline programme in accordance with contract. (This should include Baseline programme capable of acceptance, Major Milestone Indicator (MMI), Network precedence with critical path, Level 2 roll up schedules, Level 3 working control schedules for procurement, fabrication and construction and level 4 detail schedules for construction).
3. Monitor actual job progress, compare to baseline and report progress against schedule.
4. Forecast the impacts on schedule of proposed changes.
5. Develop working control schedules (Level 3 & 4) for day to day activities for area / units under control. (These should be agreed with key team members).
6. Attend management, project team and customer meetings as requested.
7. Develop and maintain an integrated progress reporting system including schedules, S-Curves, tables, milestones and earned value analysis.
8. Interact with discipline leads to obtain programme updates.
9. Maintains own Primavera project files in the Primavera Data Base.
10. Interrogate progress reports and prepare action plans on deviations to targets with recommended remedial actions.
11. Organise production and evaluation of alternative action plans to correct deviations from plan.
12. Perform general planning & scheduling tasks as the Lead Project Planner or Senior Project Planner may direct.
13. Contribution to monthly reporting on project both internally and externally.
14. Assisting the Lead Project Planner in the production of project monthly reports.
15. Be prepared to partake in establishing and conducting training programmes to develop planning in-house.
16. Be prepared to take on client facing roles as and when the project demands.
17. Analyse engineering, procurement and construction data and perform resourcing calculations to determine material, tools, and personnel requirements for the schedule.
18. Supervise junior planners under control.
19.Prepare, preserve, secure and compile evaluation/ analysis reports, departmental records, statistical information, technical data and ensure that supporting documents administration and correspondence is up to date and accurate.
20. Contribute to the refinement of project planning procedures within the overall company standards.
21. Comply with all health and safety, company policies, procedures and standards.
22. Display a professional, acceptable attitude and image for all work associated with and undertaken on behalf of MRP.
23. Coach and mentor University students assigned to planning as part of their training.
•Good communication skills
•Attentive to detail
Please note that:
1.The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
2 Murray & Roberts Projects reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
3.An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
4.If you do not receive any feedback on your application within 4 weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
5.Please note that the suitable candidate must be willing to be re-assigned to Kusile Power Project in Witbank , Mpumalanga, if operational requirements should deem it necessary.
How to Apply