JOB TITLE: Assistant Product Development Manager
JOB LOCATION: La Lucia Ridge
RELOCATION TERMS:Open to SA citizens only!
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Deploy innovation projects through a team structure that delivers a consumer relevant mix on time and within cost target. Technical delivery of formulation aspects into the project
- Delivery of the formulation technical mix elements defined in the product brief within category driven projects with a bias for action.
- Deliver strategic formulation insights to enhance category performance meeting external orientation & growth mindset objectives
- Plan and execute robustness testing, factory & pilot trials and measurement activities of formulation options
- Accurate recording, analysis and reporting of experimental data
- Contribute and/or lead in maintaining a fit-for-purpose experimental facility (laboratory, instruments, method development)
- In conjunction with Consumer Technical Insights Team, deliver consumer insights, product testing & claims/competitor challenges technical support demonstrating external orientation & growth mindset.
- Define technical specifications for materials & formulations with a growth mindset
- Provide Technical support to Supply Chain for launch, re-launch, and quality compliant management.
- Seek value improvement opportunities for category delivery.
- Align all aspects of formulation work to SHEQ & Regulatory & Unilever enabling systems requirements.
- Network effectively between local deploy and global category design teams to ensure relevance of the mix to the market.
- Lead technical project team through on time in full delivery of category projects as assigned; exhibiting real accountability, team alignment & leadership and bias for action.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a B.SC in any Science related field
- Minimum 2 years working experience within R&D with a focus on Formulation and Development
- Must have a passion for the Personal Care Category.
HOW TO APPLY
28th August 2013
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.