Acorn Education is a non-profit company specifically set-up to be a School Operating Partner as part of Collaboration Schools Pilot Programme. At Acorn Education, we aim to transform the lives of learners across our collaboration schools.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: South Africa
The purpose of this position is to manage the finances of Acorn Education as well as assisting with finances for the other entities we support.
Remuneration: R40 000 per month
Starting date: As soon as possible
The Finance Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the organisation’s own and related finances. The precise areas of responsibility for this post will be agreed based around your skills and the needs of the organisation, but it is anticipated that you will be able to contribute in the following ways:
- Liaising with management on a regular basis to provide feedback related to all financial aspects of the organisation
- Preparing and maintaining creditor reconciliations
- Engaging with auditors and ensuring that all supporting documentation is adequately retained.
- Ensuring all spending is aligned to donor Service Level Agreements and budgets
- Preparing monthly management accounts
- Presenting results to management with meaningful explanations of material budget variances
- Bringing to the attention of management material liabilities including contingent liabilities
- Distributing project accounts to project managers and obtaining explanations for any material deviations from budget
- Maintaining regular monthly finance meetings with management to review the organisational and project financial status
- Bachelor degree in accounting with at least 5 years’ commercial experience
- Strong inter-personal skills to liaise with various stakeholders
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- A strong sense of responsibility and urgency and the ability to deliver regularly and on time
- Agile, our agility allows us to adapt and respond to what is most important at a specific time to achieve our mission.
- ‘Can do’, every member of our team is equipped with a “can do’ attitude – enabling us to reach our own high expectation and those of our schools, teachers and learners.
- Optimistic, we believe that a grateful mindset leads to an optimistic and favourable view of life.
- Resilient, our journey will not be an easy one. We are committed to persevere despite challenges that may arise.
- Nurture, just like an acorn, if something is nurtured it has the potential to grow into something greater. We not only nurture our people but those who help our schools grow.
Join us on a journey towards excellence!
Submit your CV to Acorn Education , [email protected]
Application Deadline: Monday, 12 August, 2019