Posted on :
24 Nov, 2021
AHRI is looking for an Enrolled Research Nurse who will be based at AHRI Somkhele site. The successful candidate will work on an NIH-funded study of tobacco use.
Job Title: Enrolled Research Nurse
Location: Mtubatuba, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Reference #: SOMENRENUR13NOV2021
Contract Type: Contract
Salary: Market Related
The purpose of the position is implementation of a telephonic survey about tobacco use. The successful candidate will perform clinical research study activities following standard operating procedures. The successful candidate will be trained and expected to provide tobacco cessation counselling to study participants as appropriate in support of AHRI’s scientific agenda. The position will be based at Somkhele or Durban campus.
1. Senior certificate (Grade 12)
2. Two-year enrolled nursing certificate
3. Valid driver’s Licence- Must have been driving for longer than 2 years
4. Current registration with SANC
1. A minimum of 2 years recognizable nursing experience after registration as an Enrolled Nurse with SANC.
2. Experience of working in a clinical research environment and familiarity with clinical research data
1. Fluency in English and Zulu
2. Basic counselling and interviewing skills.
3. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Knowledge of and experience in HIV treatment and care
5. Previous clinical research experience e.g. working in a clinical research project.
6. Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team, flexible and a good team player.
7. Good problem-solving skills.
8. Responsiveness, professionalism, supportive and assertive.
9. Well organised and possession of the ability to plan effectively and efficiently.
1. Phlebotomy Certificate
2. Good Clinical Practice (GCP) certification.
3. Computer Literacy (MS Office – Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
4. Experience in staff supervision.
5. Knowledge of current health and public service legislation, regulation and policies.
6. Understanding of basic ICD-10 Coding.
7. Ability to pay close attention to detail.
8. Ability to document information accurately and methodically.
9. Ability to work independently and show initiative.
Please note that only those candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be considered. AHRI is fully compliant with South African labour law and is committed to employment equity.
AHRI reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, AHRI reserves the right not to make an appointment. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date
Application Deadline: 05/12/2021