Posted on :
5 May, 2022
AHRI has an exciting opportunity for a Forensics pathology intern. The intern’s position in Steyn Lab will be mainly responsible for collecting, capturing and collating research data, specifically the TB samples from Forensic Pathology Services, KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health and providing related administrative support to the Steyn lab and its collaborators. Capturing research data is critical to the various projects funded by the Delta Leap program which aim to examine the pathological spectrum of latent, subclinical and active TB. The member must be familiar with the unique operational processes of Forensic Pathology Services in South Africa as well as the strict legal and ethical framework that governs the acquisition and use of related data. The member must also be experienced in medical science research and the use of sophisticated application programs (R and VBA) to perform statistical analysis, modeling and reporting.
Job Title: Forensic Pathology Intern
Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Reference #: DUR/FOREPAT/INTERN/MAY2022
Contract Type: Contract
Salary: Market Related
• Create, maintain and/or optimize electronic databases for statistical analysis, modeling and reporting.
• Collect, capture and collate the TB-related information from existing ‘hard-copy’ databases in Forensic Pathology Services, KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health.
• Liaise with relevant stakeholders in Forensic Pathology Services, KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health.
• Work collaboratively in cross-functional teams and provide administrative support.
• Be aware of, and keeping up to date with, health and safety issues in all aspects of the work undertaken.
1. National Diploma in Information Technology
1. Microsoft Suite – Microsoft Excel, Word skills/experience required
2. Previous experience in Forensic Pathology Services, KZN
As part of AHRI’s COVID-19 mitigation protocols and to increase the safety of our staff, this position has been classified as a high-risk position and as such applicants will be required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 when applying.
AHRI is fully compliant with South African labour law and is committed to employment equity. This position is open to South African applicants and valid work permit holders. AHRI reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, AHRI reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Application Deadline: 19/05/2022