To develop retail credit risk strategies for both new and existing customers, by using data analysis and predictive modelling techniques. Developing, monitoring and tracking management information (MI) of credit risk strategies and developing reports to highlight credit risk trends to management within the portfolio.
- Portfolio strategy development, implementation, tracking and analysis
- Analyse the performance to gain insight and understand the commercial, operational and customer impacts of the portfolio strategy
- Document, recommend and present key portfolio results/findings and design improved strategies that will outperform previous strategies
- Follow appropriate governance processes for strategy approval
- Forecasting and monthly credit risk MI analysis
- Forecasting of key portfolio metrics as per operating plans
- Make appropriate recommendations to address unfavourable variances
- Involvement in Specific Analytical Projects
- Prove the business effectiveness and/or efficiency of analytically-driven implementations (Post Implementation Reviews)
- Based on proven results or convincing analytical prediction, recommend and implement appropriate champion / challenger strategies to continually “test and learn” to improve portfolio profitability
- Align implementations to RiskOps/Ops/IT/Vendor/Implementation resourcing requirements to ensure they are on-time, and to the required standards.
- Effectively integrate with ABSA, Barclays and WFS departments to ensure implementation practicality and business quality as appropriate
- Knowledge and application of credit scoring and risk management techniques across the entire credit life cycle on consumer portfolios
- Proven ability in analytics, business acumen and presenting / communicating recommendations across all organisation levels
- Ability to work with diverse teams to ensure effective implementation of projects.
- Ability to cross check data integrity and validation
- Understanding system and data relationships in order to improve the analytical recommendations
- Applying expertise and technology
- Persuading and influencing
- Planning and organising
- Adapting and responding to change
- Commercial thinking
- Stakeholder management
- University degree in Information Systems, Business, Risk Management, Mathematics, Statistics or Economics
- Or equivalent industry training and experience.
· At least 2-3 years analytical experience on a consumer portfolio (loans, credit cards, private label cards, etc.), with a focus on new business and existing customer management.
· Strategy review experience using credit scores, bureau scores, segmentation analytics on consumer portfolios
· Experience in SAS, SQL or other programming language for statistical analysis and manipulation of very large data sets
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.), ideally using pivot tables and macros
HOW TO APPLY
In accordance with Woolworths’ Financial Services Employment Equity approach, preference will be given to candidates from designated groups
If you are interested in the above position please forward your CV to: [email protected] with the name of the position in the subject line
If you have not been contacted within two weeks after the closing date of this vacancy, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.