The Head of Finance and Operations is responsible for oversight of all Finance and Operational aspects within this organisation, which provides an action network of health providers across a number of countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
The focus of the organisation is building capacity and strengthening skills in frontline health providers and facilities to effect high standards of efficiency within adolescent and child care of HIV service delivery. The organisation forms a conduit for linking and learning across various countries, including regional and global levels.
Job Title: Head of Finance and Operations
Location: Cape Town
The Head of Finance and Operations is accountable for fiscal and governance of all elements of the organisation’s internal controls, policies and operating systems. Specifically in managing the Finance team, the assurance of high standards of budgeting, risk management, grant management and funder reporting will form the essence of this function.
The Key Performance Areas are:
- Accountable for the organisation’s full financial management function.
- Recommend, plan and implement optimal process, people and system solutions, including automation for efficiency
- Oversee and monitor compliance, delegated authority and organisational risk, the annual audit, procurement and exception management.
- Manage, support and oversee staff engaged finance, grants, human resources and operations – including administration, logistics, travel, ICT, office and infrastructure, and procurement.
- Working with the Board and the Executive Director, manage contract investment and fiduciary services for optimal management of financial assets;
- Report internally and externally on all financial, accounting and contractual measures, including regulatory, fiscal, payroll, HR, training and development and fund-compliant reporting, offering analytical knowledge and insight into the organisations performance.
- Facilitate through technical advice the extension of services, resources, policies, procedures and processes;
- Advance technology, systems and processes within the organisation to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness;
- Over time, build capacity and secure operational excellence working with strategic partners and funders.
- Support the Operations team in all areas of administration, logistics, staffing, compliance and efficiencies.
The Skills and Education required:
- A tertiary degree in Finance and Business Management, preference given to those with a Masters degree or similar
- A minimum of eight years of senior level Financial Management and Operations Experience within the development and non-profit sector, including donor reporting.
- Experience of development and implementation of policies, processes and compliance, and effective accountability in reporting and managing all data
- High level of IT/Pastel proficiency and management of databases / systems
- Management of HR and procurement functions, and experience in change
- Leadership is a strong advantage.
Pat Stewart of Anchor Executive Recruitment has been appointed to source the candidate for this crucial senior management role. If you meet the required Education, Skills and level of Senior Management expertise, send CV, cover letter and current or recent salary level to Pat Stewart, on [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, 24 July, 2020