AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology.
AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager (4 months Contract) Head Office
Programme and Vacancy overview:
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities are being implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces. (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts).
- Leading on M&E in all AQUITY’s projects, including but not limited to Global Fund, USAID, WHO and TB REACH.
- Develop, review, implement and maintain AQUITY’s M&E systems at national and project levels.
- Developing AQUITY’s overall M& E PLAN and developing guidelines for District Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Developing M&E tools for national and project level monitoring activities.
- Assist all projects develop results matrices in line with project goals and objectives.
- Developing and monitor implementation of MELPs at national and project level.
- Assisting in conducting data collection and quality checks.
- Writing reports and conducting presentations to Government and other stakeholders.
- Conduct training needs assessments for M&E staff at national and project level, develop appropriate training materials.
- Conduct training of project and district M& E officers, data capturers and other staff on TB data systems and policies.
- Liaising with relevant personnel at district, provincial and national level for data collection.
- Communicating feedback to the NDOH, Global Fund, other donors and partners on M&E implementation issues.
- Providing technical guidance to AQUITY’s research activities, supporting study design, data collection, statistical analysis, documentation and dissemination of study results. Be accountable for compliance to on all procedures, protocols on research as required.
- Ensuring that baseline, mid-term and end-of-project internal and external evaluations, as necessary, are conducted, documented and that results, and final reports are submitted to relevant stakeholders.
- Participating in M& E Forums at national, provincial and district levels.
- Ability to compile and submit monthly and quarterly technical reports
- Provide activity-based reports as per the project guidelines
- An appropriate degree in Public Health, Social, Statistics, Information or in related/relevant field.
- An additional qualification in M&E will be an advantage.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation and public health.
- Good understanding of public health programmes. Experience in monitoring TB related projects at a national level will be an advantage.
- Sound knowledge and experience in South African Health Information management systems and policies.
- Demonstrate experience in performing data analysis and interpreting TB data.
- Knowledge of MS software packages and advanced databases is essential.
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets and data analytical skills.
- A valid driver’s license.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please send your CV and cover letter, indicating the position and district applied for, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 12th February 2020.