AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology. AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Programme and Vacancy overview:
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities will be implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces. (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts). As such we seek to employ the following:
Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Head Office
Remuneration: Will be based on the government DPSA rate for similar positions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Program Manager is overall responsible for coordinating all activities of the Global Fund Project. Program Manager provides oversight to GF district project staff to ensure that project goals are achieved. The Program Manager will be the contact between the province and the PR (GF)
Key Responsibilities Include:
- In collaboration with the Director of Health Programs, interact with district partners to identify needs and requirements for program implementation
- Attend national/provincial/district/partner meetings
- Liaise with sub-district and district partners, NHLS and stakeholders
- review weekly and monthly workplans
- Assist in developing and monitoring program plans and budgets
- Ensure that district program team follow best practices and standard operating procedures for the project
- Manage and monitor district project team to ensure quality and timely project delivery within allocated resources and time schedule
- Provide regular and periodic updates on project status and concerns, and where necessary, troubleshoot in consultation with Director of Health Programs.
- Ensure that all project-related documents are properly updated and maintained
- Overseeing efficient and transparent use of GF resources and assets.
- Ensure timely reporting of program progress and achievements as per GF Grant Agreement deliverables.
- Plan, coordinate and assist in conducting training sessions
- Facilitating timely review of project progress at district level
- Assist in the identification of implementation problems and bottlenecks, escalate them through relevant channels and develop remedial actions in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Providing support to district staff, monitor and conduct performance evaluations.
- Conduct regular supervisory site visits
- Monitor overall district targets attainment
- Provide regular feedback to GF Partners at district level
- Assist in preparation and submission of reports in a timely manner.
- Identify and document lessons learned, develop and use existing platforms to disseminate lessons learned to improve program results.
- Assist in planning for district training sessions
- Perform other related duties as required for effective implementation of the GF project.
- Tertiary qualification in Health Science, Master’s in Public Health is an advantage
- Public health background with at least 5 years or more experience in project management and supervision.
- Registration with a health regulatory body.
- Sound knowledge on TB, MDR TB and TB/HIV and quality improvement (QI) methods.
- Knowledge on the South African health system (provincial, district, sub district and facility levels) will be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of DOH data management systems.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Experience in conducting training is essential.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A valid South African Drivers’ License.
- Computer literacy and ability to work on different Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook Express, Power Point, etc.)
Please send your CV and cover letter, indicating the position and district applied for, to [email protected].
Application Deadline: 06 July 2020.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.