Posted on :
7 Jun, 2016
7 Jun, 2016
Africa, Deloitte & Touche is the member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, and services are provided by Deloitte & Touche and its subsidiaries. Deloitte & Touche is among the region’s leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services through nearly 3600 partners/directors and staff in more than 16 offices in Southern Africa. Known as an employer of choice for its innovative human resources programme, it is dedicated to helping its clients and its people excel. For more information, please visit the Southern Africa website at www.deloitte.com/za .
Capital Markets is the leading risk management and modelling consulting practice in South Africa, servicing financial institutions. We are a global centre of excellence in the areas of credit risk, operational risk and financial instrument valuations
We are a dynamic and technically excellent team, passionate about our clients and about developing market leading solutions and thought leadership. We are dedicated to building a stimulating learning environment that supports the ongoing personal development of each member of our team, including our partners.
About the Job
The Corporate Finance Graduate Programme is a two year fixed term contract whereby you will be given the opportunity to rotate between Due Diligence, Valuations and Advisory. Your primary responsibility will be to support Managers in serving the relevant engagements.
Achieve the following competencies:
· Excellent client orientation and relationships
· Consistently meet minimum productivity and delivery targets
· Display the required specialist knowledge in your role
· Be a magnet for talent within Corporate Finance
· Client orientation. Limited client interaction is expected at this level. Demonstrate the ability to generate relationships with the appropriate level of staff and management at targets based on assignment and client feedback.
· Productivity and delivery. To attain consistent personal productivity of over 70%. To Assist team members with completion of sections, and take responsibility for completion of non-critical sections. Delivery on these sections at an acceptable level of quality within the deadlines. Interaction with other team members to determine where assistance is required and to develop an understanding of the requirements of each section. Learn to identify what a deal issue is and how this impacts the transaction.
· Knowledge. Demonstrate that you are up to date in terms of:
Current best practice, templates and methodologies, accounting matters, and general knowledge of matters in the economy, based on partner and client feedback.
· Magnet for talent. Through your conduct in the office and on assignments,show support for colleagues and the greater Corporate Finance team.
· Qualification. Must have an Accounting Honours Degree