Beyond Zero (BZ) has been successfully implementing comprehensive services across the HIV and TB care continuum in the Eastern Cape (EC), KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) and Limpopo Provinces in the past 16 years; targeting key and vulnerable populations including adolescents and youths, sex workers (SW), orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and men who have sex with men (MSM) and people living with HIV amongst others.
As one of the 4 nominated Principal Recipient (PRs) in South Africa to lead and provide strategic management, oversight, monitoring and evaluation on the implementation of the Global Fund grant for the period April 2019 until March 2022, Beyond Zero is recruiting to fill the following Positions under the GF funding mechanism.
Job Title: 1X FFI/Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Location: South Africa
Contract duration: One year fixed term with possibility of extension for 3 years depending on funding availability.
Anticipated start date: 01 November 2019
Remuneration: Market related
- Establishment of the Multidisciplinary Provincial Focus for Impact advisory committee ( FFIAC)
- Play the secretariat role of the FFI PCA committee.
- Participate in the National advisory Committee for FFI at SANAC
- Integrate the FFI work into the OTP Nerve Center.
- Ensure effective coordination of FFI activities with key stakeholders including National and Provincial government, Local Government, NGO’s, CBO’s, Research Institutions, and private sector.
- In collaboration with Managers at OTP support the establishment of the M&E teams at District level.
- Build Capacity/ provide training of the District Teams on M&E and FFI
- Yearly identification of High Burden areas for use by departments to develop PIP, DIP, and MDIPS.
- Responsible for all FFI aspects including technical and operational management to optimize performance and outcome.
- Register FFI user’s for secured access to FFI web application system at District, provincial and national level.
- Provide automated monthly, quarterly report to PCA and relevant stakeholders
- Ensuring continued and effective co-operation and synergies between government department, and local municipalities in support of timely and seamless implementation of FFI methodology.
- Monitor FFI activities for results and maintaining frequent contact with funders about program progress and actual or potential problems.
- Attend trainings, meeting and progress review workshop as requested.
- Support coordination, monitoring and decision making in the HIV, TB & STI response.
- Coordinate the reports of all the PR and PEPFAR funded work. Provide Technical Assistance on relevant M & E assessments; incorporating lessons learned into advisory and support HIV/AIDS M & E systems.
- Conduct PCA, DACs and LAC data quality assessments and.
- Leverage support from key Stakeholders
- Track M&E progress, and demonstrate impact of an identified project, Programme or policy
- Establish a mechanism for data collection, collation and synthesis.
- Reporting templates developed for all stakeholders
- Co-coordinate reporting from the various sectors
- Provide government and private departments with Technical Assistance to enrich decision making processes
- Provide relevant feedback (impact of strengthening HIV/AIDS and TB programmes and interventions);
- Critically analyse Provincial NSP related data to assess progress for informing programming
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- NQF level 7 qualification in M&E, or Public health, or development and other relevant qualification.
- The ability to use FFI methodology to inform programme design and implementation at a district or provincial level.
- More than 5 years’ experience in M&E
- Experience in working with Focus For Impact Methodology
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of FFI guidelines, approach and methodology
- Knowledge of DoH Data Management systems including DHIS, Tier.net & NHLS.
- Ability to interpret visualized key data & associated information on FFI web.
- Good knowledge of computer skills (email, excel, word, PowerPoint etc)
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English.
- Valid driver’s license
- Flexible to travel
By applying for any of the above mentioned positions, applicants consent to BZ to conduct qualification, ID, Criminal and Reference checks on them which form part of its recruitment process.
Cover letters clearly stating the Position being applied for and preferred region/location as mentioned on the adverts, CVs, and copies of qualifications must be forwarded to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Monday, 7 October, 2019