Posted on :
18 Nov, 2010
18 Nov, 2010
BHP Billiton is all about smart technology, innovation and great talent. If you want a challenging career and a chance to explore resource opportunities as well as your ambitions, we’re the company for you. Think Ahead. Think BHP Billiton. BHP Billiton recruits Specialist Business Improvement
Hotazel Manganese Mines, based in the Kalahari we mine one of the largest manganese resources in the world. We offer a unique lifestyle choice with a family-friendly, secure environment and value our employees as our greatest asset.
Ensuring compliance with the BHP Billiton commitment to Zero Harm, you will be in possession of the qualifications, skills and experience listed below:
HMM has engaged in a transformation process which is called Manganese Improvement Process (MIP), which is implemented throughout the global manganese organisation. The purpose of the MIP is to put into place a standard business improvement process, with the objective of continuous improvement throughout HMM.
The BI Specialist must enable the business to embed the Manganese Improvement Process into HMM and ensure that resources and services are focusing on the highest value improvement initiatives. The successful applicant will require strong transformational leadership qualities in order to support the transformation of HMM into this culture of improvement.
The BI Specialist must have strong influencing, engaging and facilitation skills to enable business to embrace continuous improvement. The BI Specialist must engage and form an impact at all levels of the organisation.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• Engineering diploma or relevant degree
• Preferably 3 – 5 years professional/technical experience in a mining environment
• Having extensive operational experience with a good background and understanding of business improvement
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically strong Excel skills)
• Six Sigma and Lean qualifications / experience are highly advantageous
Key Performance Areas
• Develop and remain accountable for the Manganese Improvement Process Engagement Plan ensuring that best practice and commitment from all involved is recognized.
• Prioritisation of Business Improvement Initiative using PPM (Project Portfolio Management)
• Coach employees in maintaining best practice and facilitating them towards excellence
• Supporting BI teams in facilitating their Improvement Discussions
• Supporting and facilitating synergies between multi departmental objectives
• Help facilitate alignment to best practice across business with capital spend
• Ensure alignment to best practice capital plans and that improvement capital aligns to improvement priorities
• Develop systems that support change initiatives to be managed locally by line management but maintain simplicity and standardisation between assets.
• Minimum 2 years Business Analysis experience
• Proficiency in MS Excel
• Process analysis and re-engineering experience
• Data analysis and operational knowledge
• Strong ability to work with multiple teams
• Creative and forward thinking
• Attention to detail
• Strong self motivation
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work individually and in a team
• Ability to facilitates effective team interaction and to generate enthusiasm among team members
Assessments may be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate
Please forward your CV to: mailto: [email protected]or fax to 0865366289. Applications close 26 November 2010.
“Appointments will be made in line with the company’s Employment Equity Policy. Previously disadvantaged people are encouraged to apply”.