Posted on :
25 Sep, 2013
25 Sep, 2013
Make-up Artist – Bobbi Brown
Direct report to Counter Manager and AE
The Bobbi Brown Artist represents the image, products and culture of the company to the customer. Their primary responsibility is customer service and sales, achieved through exceptional communication skills and artistic abilities, maintaining the store environment and operations and assisting with administrative duties.
Ensures Customer and Market Growth
• Create opportunities to ensure sales targets are met
• Recruit new customers by approaching and inviting them for Instant Pretty or Mini Lessons
• Drive new product Launches and colour Trends to ensure a 100% sell- through
• Plan and execute on counter events to achieve sales targets
High Touch Service:
• Provide welcoming, personal, professional service to all customers at all times.
• Demonstrate effective communication skills, listen to the customer, ask questions, investigate preferences and make the experience interactive.
• Suggest groups of appropriate products and colours to meet and exceed customer’s needs making use of Bobbi’s on-counter guides
• Assist customers with product and services selection and information.
• Perform professional and appropriate makeup applications to achieve the look the customer desires.
• Obtain customer data for CRM system or other client list as required.
• Continue to build Customer relationship by booking follow-up appointments
• Invite customers to on counter events to strengthen Brand loyalty
Manages Operational effectiveness
As A Bobbi Brown Artist you are accountable for the following:
• Give great internal customer service and develop good working relationships with colleagues.
• Attend work as per counter plan
• Arrive at work 15 min before shift start and ensure that face are fully made up with current trend or focus products before the store opens.
• Be punctual and manage time on counter effectively ensuring 2 x 15min tea breaks and 1x hour lunch break per 8 hour working day
• Ensure personal hygiene levels are at high standard
• To familiarise yourself with company information, code of conduct and store information and rules
• Adhere to proper security procedures regarding handling of cash and assets
• Submit HR documentation as per HR deadlines
Sales and customer service
• Record your personal sales daily and accurately
• Record daily all customer information accurately and capture correct information on CRM
• Transfer your daily sales to your record in the counter manager’s book
• Achieve an IPT of 2.5 and ARS of R800
• Conduct a minimum of 4 lessons per day
• Book a min of 75% of customers seen back for a follow-up appointment
• Book and pull customers for on and off counter Special Event
• To keep levels of product knowledge high by reviewing on counter tools i.e Bobbi’s encyclopaedia Seasonal workbooks
• Actively participate in Bobbi Brown training sessions and partnered store mandatory training sessions.
• All customer returns to be handled according to policy
• Ensure display is per merchandising guideline
• Maintain a clean and organized work area.
• Maintain tester units in proper schematic order
• Ensure discontinued stock and testers are removed
• Ensure all testers are clean and in good condition
• Ensure cleaning tools are stocked and in good condition
• Assist in tidiness of drawers and cupboards and all back areas
Maintaining a safe work environment
• Ensure counters, shelves and cupboards are kept clean and dust free at all time
• Actively participate in cleaning displayer units, tools and testers throughout the day, and more thoroughly at night to prepare for next day’s business.
• Inform management of any store maintenance
• Immediately report Health and Safety issues which might lead to accidents.
Assist in Inventory Management
• Assist daily in stock and hygiene supplies replenishment and maintain appropriate levels throughout the day.
• Communicate low stock and out of stocks to the Studio Manager and AE
• Assist in the proper rotation of stock
• Assist in weekly stock counts of the Top 50 sku’s and compare to in store systems (Retek of Click view)
• Ensure there is sufficient stock for all promotions
• Monitor and Control tools, testers and stock that are kept in stock rooms
Improves Business Processes
• To complete required admin and submit within deadline to ensure accurate reporting
• Professional completion of face charts to improve service excellence
• Accurate CRM information to improve communication to customers
• Accurate stock counts to improve DI
• To submit Payroll admin accurate to ensure correct salary payment
• To be aware of Competitor activity
• To be aware of competitor performance to improve awareness to gain market share
• Analyse competitor events to ensure future improvements and successes of own events
Improve business acumen
• Know and understand counter and personal goals
• Know counter ranking overall and within colour category
• To understand business environment and to think strategically to formulate a plan to achieve goals
Lead and develop yourself and team
• As a Bobbi Brown make-up Artist you are required to teach and empower customers to be their own make-up Artist
• Lead yourself to act as a role model to colleagues
• Leverage on your strength to be an example to others
• Strive for excellence in execution to ensure future development