Posted on :
21 Nov, 2011
21 Nov, 2011
BP wants to be recognised as a great company – competitively successful and a force for progress. We have a fundamental belief that we can make a difference in the world. We help the world meet its growing need for heat, light and mobility. We strive to do that by producing energy that is affordable, secure and doesn’t damage the environment.
BP is progressive, responsible, innovative and performance driven.
Job Title: Balance Sheet Integrity Analyst
Req ID 27538BR
Job category Finance
Sub-category Accounting Services
Countries (State/Region) South Africa
Location Cape Town
Role synopsis Integrity & Control are at the heart of what we do in Finance and underpin our ability to create and protect value for the business. One of the cornerstones of the Finance organisation and fundamental to silent running is the quality of our accounting and reporting
Balance Sheet Integrity (BSI) Practice sets out Finance’s requirements, supporting Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR).
The BSI Practice defines the RV2 components of account integrity (Reconciliation, Validation, and Verification) and outlines requirements for these components based on materiality for general ledger accounts. The objective of the BSI role is to ensure compliance with BSI requirements while driving standardization and improving quality for BSI requirements not suitable for automation.
Balance sheet account reconciliation is often viewed as the last line of defence supporting the integrity of an account balance
Key accountabilities 1) Conduct CET/CORE process and compliance reviews as deemed necessary to ensure SOX 404 compliance.
2) Identification of significant Financial Reporting Risks and ensure effective action plans are in place to mitigate these risks.
3) Conduct reviews to provide assurance that External and Internal Audit issues are timely addressed and resolved.
4)Explore opportunities for automation which will also drive efficiency in terms of significant reduction in time and effort to prepare and certify account reconciliations.
5) Design a Dashboard reporting / ability to view status of all reconciliations at any time from any location. The stage of each reconciliation is available in reporting dashboards (e.g. initiated, completed, approved, certified)
6) Workflow support management to ensure completeness of all reconciliations.
7) Coordinate the finance risk management process and control program
Essential Education Graduate Accounting, Finance or Business Degree / 3-year Diploma (Accounting, Finance or Business) or similar level of experience
Essential experience and job requirements Relevant post qualification business, internal controls, accounting and finance experience. Experience in balancing financial and business needs to deliver business performance.
Desirable criteria & qualifications Language:English
Relocation available Yes – Domestic (In country) only
Travel required No
Is this a part time position? No
About BP BP in Southern Africa
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
BP Southern Africa (BP SA) is part of the global BP group. Although the major markets of BP SA are in South Africa, the company also operates in Mozambique.
BPSA has 5 main businesses operating in Southern Africa:
– The Southern Africa Fuels Value Chain (SA FVC), which is responsible for the refining, marketing, wholesaling and supply of liquid fuels.
– Air BP, which supplies quality jet fuels to the aviation community.
– BP Marine, a leading supplier of fuels, lubricants and technical services to the marine industry.
– LPG, which supplies safe and reliable liquefied petroleum gas.
– BP Lubricants, which markets and supplies high quality, high value lubricants, the most famous being the Castrol brand.
BP SA is a dynamic company that aims to attract and develop talent of high calibre. A career with BP is rewarding and challenging, and opportunities for further growth and development are abundant.
Removal Time 23:59 (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Removal Date 28-Nov-2011