Centre for Communication Impact (CCI) has been implementing Social and Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) programs since 2004. In 2020, Centre for Communication Programs (CCP) in Johns Hopkins University engaged CCI as a sub-recipient to support Government of South Africa with Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) as part of nation-wide effort to control the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19.
This is the first time that CCI is engaging in emergency response. CCI’s role is to support timely communication of risk messages through various channels, prioritizing local channels in high risk areas complemented by social media. The Project Officer supports the Project Manager primarily, but also provide support to the project leadership with social media analytics, tracking of myths and misinformation and weekly reporting of issues that come up from the various platforms.
Job Title: Project Officer, Risk Communication & Community
Location: Gauteng Province (Pretoria)
Duration: 6 Months (8 April – 17 September 2020)
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Support partner mapping exercise to ensure harmonization of partner support to Government.
- Disseminate social media materials through existing CCI platforms.
- Support engagement of community leaders (traditional, religious etc.) in high risk communities to sensitize and provide correct messaging.
- Support packaging of messaging for distribution at public events, confined environments, community gatherings, hair salons etc.
- Support establishment of a system to track rumours and misinformation on social media.
- Conduct social media analytics weekly and produce summary reports
- Track myths and misconceptions weekly and issue weekly corrections
- Collate a list of FAQs from the call centre, supported community radio stations extracting myths and misconceptions, etc. the two sources to share with partners through the TWG.
- Support development of training material for health and non-health teams.
- Support training as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical, Social, Science or Communication discipline combined with experience in health and related communication related to social media required.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to relate to people at all levels both internally and externally;
- Excellent technical skills in writing, editing, formatting and verbal communications;
- Attention to detail;
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates to forward their CV’s to Tebogo Makgoka, [email protected] .
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 07 April 2020, 4pm.